UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO DIVISION
January 17, 2008
SARABJIT KAUR THIND, PLAINTIFF,
EMILIO T. GONZALES, DIRECTOR, UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Martin J. Jenkins United States District Judge
STIPULATION TO A FURTHER EXTENSION OF CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE; AND [PROPOSED] ORDER
Date: January 22, 2008
Time: 200 p.m.
Plaintiff, by and through his attorney of record, and defendant, by and through his attorney of record, hereby stipulate, subject to approval of the Court, to extend the date of the case management conference, in light of the following:
1. Plaintiff filed this action on or about August 1, 2007, asking this Court to direct the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to adjudicate an I-730 petition.
2. The plaintiff filed a motion for a preliminary injunction on August 7, 2007, which was originally set for hearing on October 2, 2007.
3. On September 20, 2007, this Court signed the parties' stipulation to continue the hearing date on the plaintiff's motion for preliminary injunction and the case management conference to November 13, 2007.
4. On October 5, 2007, the USICS issued a notice of intent to deny the I-730 petition, and the plaintiff has filed a response to that notice.
5. On October 25, 2007, this Court approved the parties' stipulation to withdraw the plaintiff's motion for a preliminary injunction, to vacate the hearing on the plaintiff's motion for preliminary injunction, and to continue the case management conference.
6. The case management conference is currently scheduled for January 22, 2008.
7. In light of the fact that this case may soon be moot, as well as the fact that plaintiff's counsel is unavailable on January 22, 2008, the parties respectfully ask this Court to once again 8 extend the case management conference.
The parties recognize that this is their second request for an extension of the case management conference and appreciate the Court's patience in this matter.
8. The parties respectfully ask this Court to continue the case management conference, currently scheduled for January 22, 2008, to February 12, 2008, at 2:00 p.m.
Date: January 14, 2008
Pursuant to stipulation, IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2008 VersusLaw Inc.