UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
February 28, 2008
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION, PLAINTIFF,
KMAN. PARTNERS D/B/A QUALITYINN PT. RICHMOND; PT. RICHMOND MANAGEMENT, INC.; GONDO LYSTIO D/B/A DAYS INN PT. RICHMOND; DAYS INNS WORLDWIDE, INC.,; NARESH PATEL D/B/A QUALITY INN PT. RICHMOND; RAJENDRA PATEL D/B/A QUALITY INN PT. RICHMOND; ASHOK PATEL D/B/A QUALITY INN PT. RICHMOND; MT. ZION ENTERPRISES INC., MAHESH D.AMIN D/B/A QUALITY INN PT. RICHMOND, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable Bernard Zimmerrnan Judge
STIPULATION AND ORDER TO CONTINUE CASE MANAGEMENT
IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED by and between Plaintiff U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("Plaintiff ') and Defendant Mahesh Amin (collectively, "the Parties"), through their respective counsel of record, as follows:
1. Plaintiff filed its Third Amended Complaint on November 1 1,2007;
2. Defendant Amin filed an Answer on January 29,2008
3. Plaintiffs lead trial counsel, Sanya Hill Maxion, was recently assigned to work on this case and substituted in as counsel for Evangelina Hernandez on February
4. Plaintiff is still in the process of serving other named Defendants in this action, including but not limited to KMAN Partners dba Quality Inn Point Richmond, Point Richmond Management, Inc., Gondo Lystio dba Days Inn Pt. Richmond, Naresh Patel, d/b/a Quality Inn Point Richmond, Rajendra Patel, d/b/a Quality Inn Point Richmond and Ashok Patel, d/b/a Quality Inn Point Richmond, and Mt. Zion Enterprises Inc.
5. Defendant's counsel, Scott Shibayama, is still in the process of filing the consent to proceed before a Magistrate.
6. The Initial Case Management Conference was originally scheduled to proceed before the Honorable Bernie Zimmerrnan on March 3,2008 at 4:00 p.m.
7. Accordingly, the Parties agree that it is more efficient to allow Ms. Hill Maxion adequate time to become familiar with the case, to allow Mr. Shibayama time to file the Consent to Proceed before a Magistrate, and to have a Case Management Conference after all parties are served and have had an opportunity to appear in the matter, so that there can be a single conference wherein all parties are present. Thus, the Parties hereby request that the Court continue the Case Management Conference and other case management and ADR deadlines by approximately 45 days, with the Case Management Conference proceeding on May 5,2008 at 4:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as is convenient for the Court.
By: Sanva Hill Maxion
By: Scott '1'. Shibavama Attorney
IT IS SO ORDERED
GOOD CAUSE APPEARING, IT IS SO ORDERED:
© 1992-2008 VersusLaw Inc.