The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Maxine M. Chesney United States District Judge
STIPULATION AND [PROPOSED] ORDER MODIFYING COURT DEADLINE UNDER PATENT RULE 4-3
Visto Corporation and Research In Motion Limited and Research In Motion Corporation, through their respective counsel, stipulate as follows:
1. On October 1, 2007, the parties filed a CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER (Docket No. 21) ("Case Management Order");
2. On October 9, 2007, the Court issued an order adopting with certain exceptions the Case Management Order (Docket No. 22);
3. Under the Case Management Order, the filing of the Joint Claim Construction and Prehearing Statement under Patent L.R. 4-3 was originally scheduled for February 11, 2008;
4. On January 9, 2008, the parties filed a stipulation (Docket No. 26) extending certain Patent Local Rule deadlines, which included a request that the filing date of the Joint Claim Construction and Prehearing Statement be moved to February 25, 2008;
5. On January 11, 2008, the Court entered an order (Docket No. 27) extending the deadlines set forth in the parties' stipulation;
6. On February 22, 2008, the Court further extended the deadline for the filing of the Joint Claim Construction and Prehearing Statement until March 3, 2008; and
7. The Parties believe that an additional extension of time will enable them to complete the meet and confer process on the terms to be construed.
In order to complete a meaningful meet and confer on the terms to be construed, the parties hereby agree, subject to approval by the Court, to the following modifications to the Case Management Order:
1. The date for filing the Joint Claim Construction and Prehearing Statement under Patent L.R. 4-3 shall be extended from March 3, 2008 to March 17, 2008;
2. This stipulation is limited to compliance with Patent L.R. 4-3 and does not relate to any other phase of this case; and
3. No other deadlines under the Case Management Order are affected ...