The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable John A. Mendez United States District Judge
STIPULATED MOTION and ORDER TO REDUCE SENTENCE PURSUANT TO 18 U.S.C. § 3582(c)(2)
RETROACTIVE CRACK COCAINE REDUCTION CASE
Defendant, RUDOLF GIBSON, by and through his attorney, Assistant Federal Defender David M. Porter, and plaintiff, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, by and through its counsel, Assistant U.S. Attorney MATTHEW D. SEGAL, hereby stipulate as follows:
1. Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3582(c)(2), this court may reduce the term of imprisonment in the case of a defendant who has been sentenced to a term of imprisonment based on a sentencing range that has subsequently been lowered by the Sentencing Commission pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 994(o);
2. On February 8, 2007, this Court sentenced Mr. Gibson to a term of imprisonment of 135 months;
3. The sentencing range applicable to Mr. Gibson was subsequently lowered by the United States Sentencing Commission in Amendment 706 by two levels;
4. Accordingly, Mr. Gibson's adjusted offense level has been reduced from 31 to 29, and a sentence at the low end of the newly applicable guideline range would be 108 months;
5. Mr. Gibson merits a reduction in his sentence based on the factors listed in 18 U.S.C. § 3553(a), as well as considerations of public safety and Mr. Gibson's positive post-sentencing conduct;
6. Accordingly, the parties request the court enter the order lodged herewith reducing Mr. Gibson's term of imprisonment to 108 months.
Respectfully submitted, McGREGOR SCOTT DANIEL J. BRODERICK United States Attorney Federal Defender
MATTHEW D. SEGAL Assistant U.S. Attorney Assistant Federal Defender
DAVID M. PORTER Attorney for Plaintiff Attorney for Movant UNITED STATES OF ...