The opinion of the court was delivered by: The Honorable Maxine M. Chesney Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District
ALL SIMILARLY SITUATED JOINT STIPULATED REQUEST, INDIVIDUALS, PURSUANT TO LOCAL RULE 6-2, FOR ORDER CONTINUING CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE; ORDER THEREON
This stipulation is entered by and through plaintiffs Cunzhu Zheng, Quan Guo, and the China Democracy Party ("Plaintiffs") and defendant Yahoo!, Inc. and specially appearing 4 defendant Yahoo! Hong Kong, Ltd. ("Defendants"),*fn1 through their respective undersigned 5 counsel, with reference to the following facts:
1) The initial Case Management Conference is currently scheduled for August 22, 2008, with a Joint Case Management Conference Statement due August 15, 2008.
2) The parties have stipulated and agreed, pursuant to Civil Local Rule 6-1 (a) to extend the time for Defendants to answer or otherwise respond to the First Amended Complaint in this action to September 17, 2008. Attached as Exhibit A is a true and correct copy of that stipulation.
3) In light of the extension of the time to answer or otherwise respond to the complaint, the parties believe that it would be more efficient to continue the Case Management Conference as well, for at least 30 days. This would have a minimal effect on the overall schedule of the case.
4) The Case Management Conference has been previously continued from June 27, 2008 to August 22, 2008, prior to service of Defendants.
NOW, THEREFORE, PURSUANT TO CIVIL LOCAL RULE 6-2 IT IS HEREBY AGREED AND STIPULATED that:
1) The Case Management Conference is continued to September 26, 2008 or such date as the Court deems more convenient. The Joint Case Management Statement shall be filed no later than September 19, 2008.
PATRICK J. MANSHARDT SOUTHWESTERN LEGAL FOUNDATION By: Patrick J. Manshardt Attorney for Plaintiffs CUNZHU ZHENG, QUAN GUO, and the CHINA DEMOCRACY PARTY
DANIEL M. PETROCELLI MATTHEW T. KLINE O'MELVENY & MYERS LLP By: Daniel M. Petrocelli Attorneys for Defendants YAHOO!, INC. and Specially ...