The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Claudia Wilken United States District Judge
PERMANENT INJUNCTION AND DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE
The Court, having read and considered the Joint Stipulation for Permanent Injunction and Dismissal with Prejudice that has been executed by Plaintiff Adobe Systems Incorporated ("Plaintiff") and Defendant Edward Hackim, an individual and d/b/a Ed Hackim Enterprises ("Defendant") in this action, and good cause appearing therefore, hereby:
ORDERS that based on the Parties' stipulation and only as to Defendant, his successors, heirs, and assignees, this Injunction shall be and is hereby entered in the within action as follows:
1) This Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this action and over the subject matter hereof pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq ., 15 U.S.C. § 1051, et seq ., 15 U.S.C. § 1121, and 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331 and 1338. Service of process was properly made against Defendant.
2) Plaintiff is the owner of all rights in and to the copyright and trademark registrations listed in Exhibits A and B attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference (collectively referred to herein as "Plaintiff's Properties").
3) Plaintiff has alleged that Defendant has made unauthorized uses of Plaintiff's Properties or substantially similar likenesses or colorable imitations thereof.
4) Defendant and his agents, servants, employees and all persons in active concert and participation with him who receive actual notice of the Injunction are hereby restrained and enjoined from:
a) Infringing Plaintiff's Properties, either directly or contributorily, in any manner, including generally, but not limited to manufacturing, importing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale any unauthorized product which features any of Plaintiff's Properties ("Unauthorized Products"), and, specifically from:
i) Importing, manufacturing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale the Unauthorized Products or any other unauthorized products which picture, reproduce, copy or use the likenesses of or bear a substantial similarity to any of Plaintiff's Properties;
ii) Importing, manufacturing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale in connection thereto any unauthorized promotional materials, labels, packaging or containers which picture, reproduce, copy or use the likenesses of or bear a confusing similarity to any of Plaintiff's Properties;
iii) Engaging in any conduct that tends falsely to represent that, or is likely to confuse, mislead or deceive purchasers, Defendant's customers and/or members of the public to believe, the actions of Defendant, the products sold by Defendant, or Defendant himself is connected with Plaintiff, is sponsored, approved or licensed by Plaintiff, or is affiliated with Plaintiff;
iv) Affixing, applying, annexing or using in connection with the importation, manufacture, distribution, advertising, sale and/or offer for sale or other use of any goods or services, a false description or representation, including words or other symbols, tending to falsely describe or represent such goods as being those of Plaintiff.
5) Each side shall bear its own fees and costs of suit.
6) Except as provided herein, all claims alleged in the Complaint are dismissed with prejudice.
7) This Injunction shall be deemed to have been served upon Defendant at the time of its execution by the Court.
8) The Court finds there is no just reason for delay in entering this Injunction and, pursuant to Rule 54(a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Court directs immediate entry of this Injunction against Defendant.
9) The Court shall retain jurisdiction of this action to entertain such further proceedings and to enter such further orders as may be necessary or appropriate to implement and enforce the provisions of this Injunction.
10) The above-captioned action, shall, upon filing by Plaintiff of the Joint Stipulation re Entry of [Proposed] Judgment, [Proposed] Final Judgment and requesting entry of judgment against Defendant, be reopened should Defendant default under the terms of the Settlement Agreement.
11) This Court shall retain jurisdiction over the Defendant for the purpose of making further orders necessary or proper for the construction or modification of this permanent injunction and judgment; the enforcement hereof; the punishment of any violations hereof, and for the possible entry of a further Judgment Pursuant to Stipulation in this action.
PRESENTED BY: J. Andrew Coombs, A Professional Corporation J. Andrew Coombs Annie S. Wang Attorneys for Plaintiff Adobe Systems Incorporated Edward Hackim, an individual and d/b/a Ed Hackim Enterprises Edward Hackim, an individual and d/b/a Ed Hackim Enterprises Defendant, in pro se
Acrobat 3D TX0006277233 Acrobat Capture 1.0. TX0004559023
Acrobat Capture 1.0. TX0004559023 Acrobat Capture 2.0. TX0004509574
Acrobat Capture 2.0. TX0004509574 Acrobat Catalog for Windows. TX0004001286
Acrobat Catalog for Windows. TX0004001286 Acrobat Distiller 2.1 for Macintosh. TX0004169553
Acrobat Distiller 2.1 for Macintosh. TX0004169553 Acrobat Distiller 2.1 for Microsoft Windows. TX0004169555
Acrobat Distiller 2.1 for Microsoft Windows. TX0004169555
Acrobat Distiller for Microsoft Windows. TX0003893510 Acrobat Distiller for Microsoft Windows. TX0003893510
Acrobat Exchange 2.0 for Macintosh. TX0004001287 Acrobat Exchange 2.0 for Macintosh. TX0004001287
Acrobat Exchange 2.1 for Macintosh. TX0004169554 Acrobat Exchange 2.1 for Macintosh. TX0004169554
Acrobat Exchange 2.1 for UNIX. TX0004231310 Acrobat Exchange 2.1 for UNIX. TX0004231310
Acrobat Exchange and Acrobat Reader for Macintosh. TX0003611923
Acrobat Exchange and Acrobat Reader for Macintosh. TX0003611923 Acrobat Exchange and Acrobat Reader for Windows. TX0003611922
Acrobat Exchange and Acrobat Reader for Windows. TX0003611922 Acrobat Reader 2.0 for Windows. TX0003893506
Acrobat Reader 2.0 for Windows. TX0003893506 Acrobat Reader 3.0. TX0004509573
Acrobat Reader 3.0. TX0004509573 Acrobat Search for Macintosh. TX0003991344
Acrobat Search for Windows. TX0003978856 Acrobat Search for Windows.
Adobe Accelio Capture Advanced Client 4.0 for Windows. TX0005553357 Adobe Accelio Integrate Suite 6.0 for Windows. TX0005553342
Adobe Acrobat 3.0 for Macintosh, Windows and UNIX. TX0004583920 Adobe Acrobat 3.0 for Macintosh, Windows and UNIX. TX0004583920
Adobe Acrobat 4.0. TX0004961793 Adobe Acrobat 5.0 for Macintosh. TX0005545266
Adobe Acrobat 5.0 for Windows. TX0005545265 Adobe Acrobat 5.0 Getting Started Guide. TX0005545267
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 for Macintosh. TX0005748744
Adobe Acrobat 6.0 for Windows. TX0005748745 Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard for Macintosh. TX0006045087
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard for Windows. TX0006045086 Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional for Macintosh. TX0006390830
Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard for Macintosh. TX0006390829 Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard for Windows. TX0006390828
Adobe Acrobat Approval 5.0 for Macintosh. TX0005654837
Adobe Acrobat Approval 5.0 for Macintosh. TX0005654837 Adobe Acrobat Approval 5.0 for Windows. TX0005436556
Adobe Acrobat Capture 3.0 source code. TX0005199559 Adobe Acrobat Connect 1.0 for Macintosh. TX0006390834
Adobe Acrobat Connect 1.0 for Windows. TX0006390835 Adobe Acrobat Distiller Server 5.0.5. TX0005758527
Adobe Acrobat Distiller Server 6.0 for UNIX. TX0005847807 Adobe Acrobat Distiller Server 6.0 ...