IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
September 11, 2008
ROLON LAMARR MORRIS, II PETITIONER,
TOM CAREY, WARDEN, ET AL., RESPONDENTS.
Petitioner is a state prisoner proceeding through counsel. This matter came on for evidentiary hearing on September 9, 2008. At the conclusion of the hearing, the court set an order for final briefing in this matter. That order is set forth herein. In addition, counsel for petitioner requested leave to lodge in the record the juror questionnaires produced to this court by the Placer County Superior Court, subject to a protective order. Good cause appearing, petitioner's request will be granted.
In accordance with the above, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Petitioner's request for leave to lodge in the record the juror questionnaires produced to this court by the Placer County Superior Court is granted.
2. The Clerk of the Court shall scan the juror questionnaires into the electronic record in this action and file said questionnaires under seal. Thereafter, the Clerk of the Court shall return the original paper juror questionnaires to the Placer County Superior Court. Any post-hearing brief that makes reference to any sealed juror questionnaire shall be filed under seal until further order of court.
3. Petitioner's post-hearing brief shall be filed and served not later than forty-five days from September 9, 2008.
4. Respondents' brief shall be filed and served not later than thirty days thereafter.
5. Petitioner's closing brief shall be filed and served not later than fifteen days thereafter.
© 1992-2008 VersusLaw Inc.