UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN JOSE DIVISION
September 17, 2008
CARTIER, A DIVISION OF RICHEMONT NORTH AMERICA, INC.; AND CARTIER INTERNATIONAL, B.V., PLAINTIFFS,
D&D JEWELRY IMPORTS D/B/A JEWELSPLUS.COM, MEHRDAD ANSARI AND JOHN DOES 1-20, DEFENDANTS.
STIPULATION EXTENDING TIME TO HOLD MEDIATION AND [PROPOSED] ORDER
In accordance with Local Civil Rules 6-2 and 6-3, the parties hereby stipulate and request that the Court Order that the time for the parties to hold a mediation or settlement conference is extended to November 31, 2008.
The reasons for the above request are as follows:
1. The Court's Scheduling Order provides that mediation is to take place by September 15, 2008. A settlement conference was in fact scheduled for September 9, 2008 before Magistrate Judge Seeborg.
2. Plaintiffs lead counsel, Milton Springut, was scheduled to fly from New York to the West Coast to attend the settlement conference. Unfortunately, his flight was cancelled, the rescheduled flight was also delayed so that he could not make the connection and he was unable to obtain a substitute flight. The settlement conference had to be adjourned.
3. The parties have tentatively rescheduled the Settlement Conference with Judge Seeborg's Chambers for November 25, 2008, a date convenient for Judge Seeborg and the parties.
4. The requested extension will not alter any of the other deadlines set forth in the Scheduling Order.
5. No prior modification of the Scheduling Order has been requested or Ordered.
© 1992-2008 VersusLaw Inc.