UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO DIVISION
November 10, 2008
CUNZHU ZHENG; QUAN GUO; THE CHINA DEMOCRACY PARTY; AND ALL SIMILARLY SITUATED INDIVIDUALS, PLAINTIFFS,
YAHOO, INC., A DELAWARE CORPORATION, YAHOO! HONG KONG, LTD., A FOREIGN SUBSIDIARY OF YAHOO!, INC SUBSIDIARIES OF YAHOO!, INC.; AND PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA, DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Honorable Maxine M. Chesney Judge, United States District Court for the Northern District
JOINT STIPULATED REQUEST, PURSUANT TO LOCAL RULE 6-2, FOR ORDER CONTINUING CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE AND ORDER THEREON
This stipulation is entered by and through plaintiffs Cunzhu Zheng, Quan Guo, and the China Democracy Party ("Plaintiffs") and defendant Yahoo!, Inc. and specially appearing defendant Yahoo! Hong Kong, Ltd. ("Defendants"),*fn1 through their respective undersigned counsel, with reference to the following facts:
1) The initial Case Management Conference is currently scheduled for November 21, 2008, with a Joint Case Management Statement due November 14, 2008.
2) Plaintiffs are currently drafting a revised amended complaint that will significantly alter the case, as one plaintiff plans to withdraw from the suit and two others plan to join. The parties hope soon to file a joint stipulation regarding Plaintiffs' amendment, although Defendants 11 reserve all rights.
3) In light of the fact that the complaint is soon to be significantly amended, the parties believe that it would be more efficient to continue the Case Management Conference for three weeks. This would have a minimal effect on the overall schedule of the case.
4) The Case Management Conference has been previously continued from June 27, 2008, to August 22, 2008, prior to service of Defendants; from August 22, 2008, to September 26, 2008, by joint stipulated request; and from September 26, 2008, to November 21, 2008, by this Court's order.
NOW, THEREFORE, PURSUANT TO CIVIL LOCAL RULE 6-2 IT IS HEREBY AGREED AND STIPULATED that:
1) The Case Management Conference is continued to December 12, 2008, or such date as the Court deems more convenient. The Joint Case Management Statement shall be filed 23 no later than December 5, 2008.
Pursuant to stipulation, IT IS SO ORDERED.
Specifically, the Case Management Conference is continued from November 21, 2008 to January 16, 2009, at 10:30 a.m. A Joint Case Management Statement shall be filed no later than January 9, 2009.
SIGNED on the 10th day of November 2008.