IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
November 12, 2008
JANE DOE,*FN1 PLAINTIFF,
CHASTAN, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Craig M. Kellison United States Magistrate Judge
Plaintiff, a state prisoner proceeding pro se, brings this civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. On September 17, 2008, the court directed plaintiff to either submit a completed application for leave to proceed in forma pauperis or the full filing fee for this action within 30 days. Plaintiff was warned that failure to comply may result in dismissal of this action for lack of prosecution and failure to comply with court rules and orders. As of October 29, 2008, plaintiff had not complied and the court directed plaintiff to show cause why this action should not be dismissed. On November 3, 2008, plaintiff filed a completed application to proceed in forma pauperis (Doc. 7). The order to show cause will, therefore, be discharged.
Plaintiff has submitted a declaration that makes the showing required by 28 U.S.C. § 1915(a). The request to proceed in forma pauperis will, therefore, be granted.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The court's October 29, 2008, order to show cause is discharged;
2. Plaintiff's motion for leave to proceed in forma pauperis (Doc. 7) is granted;
3. Plaintiff is required to pay the full statutory filing fee of $350.00 for this action pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §§ 1914(a) and 1915(b)(1);
4. No initial partial filing fee will be assessed pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915(b)(1); and
5. Plaintiff will be obligated for monthly payments of twenty percent of the preceding month's income credited to plaintiff's inmate trust account, such payments to be forwarded by the appropriate agency to the Clerk of the Court each time the amount in plaintiff's account exceeds $10.00, until the statutory filing fee is paid in full, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915(b)(2).