The opinion of the court was delivered by: Florence-marie Cooper U. S. District Judge
JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date.
X WITH COUNSEL Winston Kevin McKesson, retained counsel (Name of Counsel)
X GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea.
NOLO CONTENDERE NOT GUILTY
There being a finding/verdict of X GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of:
18 USC 371: CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT EDUCATION FUNDING FRAUD (Count One of the First Superseding Indictment)
The Court asked whether defendant had anything to say why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted and ordered that: Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant,
Greg Wong is hereby placed on Probation for a term of 3 years under the following terms and conditions:
1. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 318 and obey all laws;
2. During the period of community supervision the defendant shall pay the special assessment and restitution in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
3. As directed by the Probation Officer, the defendant shall apply monies received from income tax refunds, lottery winnings, inheritance, judgments and any anticipated or unexpected financial gains to the outstanding court-ordered financial obligation;
4. The defendant shall cooperate in the collection of a DNA sample from the
5. The defendant shall participate for a period of 12 months in a home detention program which includes electronic monitoring and shall observe all rules of such program, as directed by the Probation Officer. The defendant shall pay the costs of home confinement/electronic monitoring to the contract vendor, not to exceed the sum of $12.00 for each day of participation in the electronic monitoring, GPS, and/or voice recognition program. The defendant shall provide payment and proof of payment as directed by the Probation Officer. The Court orders that home detention start after the holidays (after January 1, 2009);
6. The defendant shall perform 200 hours of community service, as directed by the Probation Officer.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $100, which is due immediately. Defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $2,897,893.00, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3663A, to victims as set forth in a separate victim list prepared by the Probation Office which this Court adopts and which reflects the Court's determination of the amount of restitution due to each victim. The victim list, which shall be forwarded to the fiscal section of the clerk's office, shall remain confidential to protect the privacy interests of the victims. A partial payment of $250,000.00 shall be paid within 60 days after sentencing. Nominal monthly payments of at least $200 shall be made during the period of supervised release. These payments shall begin 30 days after the commencement of supervision. Nominal restitution payments are ordered as the court finds that the defendant's economic circumstances do not allow for either immediate or future payment of the amount ordered. Pursuant to 18 USC 3612(f)(3)(A), interest on the restitution ordered is waived because the defendant does not have the ability to pay interest. Payments may be subject to penalties for default and delinquency pursuant to 18 USC 3612(g). The defendant shall be held jointly and severally liable with coparticipant(s), Julie Diaz (Docket No. CR 06-00530-SJO), Deanne Kay Williams (Docket No. CR 06-00964-FMC), and Larry Paul Nichols (Docket No. CR 06-00963-FMC), for the amount of restitution ordered in this judgment. The defendant shall comply with General Order 01-05 (see separate page for terms and conditions). All fines are waived as it is found that the defendant does not have the ability to pay a fine in addition to the restitution.
The defendant shall report to the Probation Officer within 72 hours.
The drug testing condition mandated by statute is suspended based on the Court's determination that the defendant poses a ...