ORDER SETTING STATUS (PRETRIAL SCHEDULING) CONFERENCE
This action has been assigned to United States District Judge Lawrence K. Karlton and has been referred to United States Magistrate Judge Dale A. Drozd pursuant to Local Rule 72-302(c)(21) for all purposes encompassed by that provision.*fn1
Pursuant to the provisions of Rule 16 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, IT IS ORDERED that:
1. A Status (Pretrial Scheduling) Conference is set for Friday, May 15, 2009, at 11:00 a.m., in Courtroom No. 27, before Magistrate Judge Drozd.
2. Rule 4(m) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure provides that an action may be dismissed against any defendant on whom service of process has not been completed within 120 days from the date the complaint was filed. In order to comply with the 120-day time limits specified in Rules 4(m) and 16(b), plaintiffs are strongly encouraged to complete service of process on each defendant within 90 days after the date of filing their complaint.
3. Concurrently with service of process on each defendant, or as soon thereafter as possible, plaintiffs shall serve upon each defendant named in the complaint, and UPON ALL PARTIES SUBSEQUENTLY JOINED, INCLUDING IMPLEADED THIRD-PARTY DEFENDANTS, a copy of this order, and plaintiffs shall promptly file with the Clerk of the Court a certificate reflecting such service.
4. Plaintiffs shall also serve on each defendant a copy of the Notice of Availability of Magistrate Judge and a copy of the consent form issued by the Clerk of the Court on January 20, 2009.
5. Each party shall appear at the Status Conference by counsel or, if proceeding in propria persona, on his or her own behalf. A party proceeding in propria persona cannot represent any other party proceeding in propria persona. Parties may choose to appear in person or telephonically. To arrange telephonic appearance, the party shall contact Pete Buzo, the courtroom deputy of the undersigned magistrate judge, at (916) 930-4128, no later than 48 hours before the Status (Pretrial Scheduling) Conference.
6. Plaintiffs shall file and serve a joint status report, signed by both plaintiffs, on or before May 1, 2009. Each defendant shall file and serve a status report on or before May 8, 2009. Each status report shall address all of the following matters:
a. Progress of service of process;
b. Possible joinder of additional parties;
c. Any expected or desired amendment of the pleadings;
d. Jurisdiction and venue;
e. Anticipated motions and the scheduling thereof;
f. Anticipated discovery and the scheduling thereof, including disclosure ...