UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
February 4, 2009
DOUGLAS PIPER, PLAINTIFF,
COUNTY OF SAN BERNARDINO, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Christina A. Snyder United States District Judge
ORDER ACCEPTING REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGE
The Court has reviewed the file in this matter, and has read and reviewed the Report and Recommendation of United States Magistrate Judge. Further, the Court has engaged in a de novo review of those portions of the Report to which Plaintiff has objected. The Court
(1) ACCEPTS the Report and Recommendation;
(2) DISMISSES the action against the Doe defendants;
(3) GRANTS summary judgment in favor of Defendants for federal Claims 1-2;
(4) DECLINES supplemental jurisdiction on state law Claims 3-10;
(5) DENIES Plaintiff's motion to strike; and
(6) Orders that Judgment be entered DISMISSING this action (a) with prejudice as to Plaintiff's federal Claims 1-2 but (b) without prejudice to Plaintiff's state law Claims 3-10.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.