APPLICATION AND ORDER FOR PUBLICATION
The United States of America, Plaintiff herein, applies for an order of publication as follows:
1. Rule G(4) of the Supplemental Rules for Admiralty or Maritime Claims and Asset Forfeiture Actions (hereafter "Supplemental Rules") provides that the Plaintiff shall cause public notice of the action and arrest to be given in a newspaper of general circulation or on an official internet government forfeiture site;
2. Local Rule 83-171, Eastern District of California, provides that the Court shall designate by order the appropriate newspaper or other vehicle for publication;
3. The defendant approximately $282,247.00 in U.S. Currency (hereafter the "defendant currency") was seized in the city of Sacramento, in Sacramento County, California. The Drug Enforcement Agency published notice of the non-judicial forfeiture of the defendant currency on November 3, 10, and 17, 2008, in the Wall Street Journal.
4. Plaintiff proposes that publication be made as follows:
b. Thirty (30) consecutive days;
c. On the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov;
d. The publication is to include the following:
(1) The Court and case number of the action;
(2) The date of the arrest/seizure;
(3) The identity and/or description of the property arrested/seized;
(4) The name and address of the attorney for the Plaintiff;
(5) A statement that claims of persons entitled to possession or claiming an interest pursuant to Supplemental Rule G(5) must be filed with the Court and served on the attorney for the Plaintiff no later than 60 days after the first day of ...