ORDER SETTING STATUS (PRETRIAL SCHEDULING) CONFERENCE
The above-captioned action has been transferred from the United States District Court for the Northern District of California to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California. The case has been assigned to United States District Judge John A. Mendez and has been referred to United States Magistrate Judge Dale A. Drozd pursuant to Local Rule 72-302(c)(21) for all purposes encompassed by that provision.*fn1
In accordance with the provisions of Rule 16 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, IT IS ORDERED that:
1. All documents filed in this case henceforth shall bear the Eastern District case number, which may be written as either 2:09-cv-0514 JAM DAD PS or CIV S-09-0514 JAM DAD PS, and shall not bear the Northern District case number.
2. The scheduling order previously filed in this case in the Northern District on February 13, 2009 (Doc. No. 4) is vacated.
3. A Status (Pretrial Scheduling) Conference is set for Friday, June 19, 2009, at 11:00 a.m., in Courtroom No. 27, before Magistrate Judge Drozd.
4. Rule 4(m) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure provides that an action may be dismissed against any defendant on whom service of process has not been completed within 120 days from the date the complaint was filed. In order to comply with the 120-day time limits specified in Rules 4(m) and 16(b), plaintiff is strongly encouraged to complete service of process on all defendants within 90 days of the date of filing his complaint.
5. Concurrently with service of process on the defendants, or as soon thereafter as possible, plaintiff shall serve upon each defendant named in the complaint, and UPON ALL PARTIES SUBSEQUENTLY JOINED, INCLUDING IMPLEADED THIRD-PARTY DEFENDANTS, a copy of this order, and plaintiff shall promptly file with the Clerk of the Court a certificate reflecting such service.
6. Plaintiff shall serve on each defendant a copy of the Notice of Availability of Magistrate Judge and consent form served upon plaintiff on February 23, 2009.
7. Each party shall appear at the Status Conference by counsel or, if proceeding in propria persona, on his own behalf. Any party may choose to appear at the status conference in person or telephonically. To arrange telephonic appearance, the party shall contact Pete Buzo, the courtroom deputy of the undersigned magistrate judge, at (916) 930-4128, no later than 48 hours before the Status (Pretrial Scheduling) Conference.
8. Plaintiff shall file and serve a written status report on or before June 5, 2009, and defendants shall file and serve a status report on or before June 12, 2009. Each status report shall address all of the following matters:
a. Progress of service of process;
b. Possible joinder of additional parties;
c. Any expected or desired amendment of ...