IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
March 6, 2009
JARMAAL LARONDE SMITH, PLAINTIFF,
LEANN CRONES, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Arthur L. Alarcón United States Circuit Judge Sitting by Designation
REVISED SCHEDULING ORDER
The scheduling order issued by the Court on March 4, 2009 is hereby revised as follows: IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The parties may conduct discovery until May 22, 2009. Any motions necessary to compel discovery shall be filed by May 27, 2009.
2. All pretrial motions, except motions to compel discovery, shall be filed on or before June 23, 2009. Motions shall be briefed in accordance with Local Rule 78-230(m).
3. Plaintiff shall file and serve any motions necessary to obtain the attendance of incarcerated witnesses at trial on or before June 23, 2009.
4. Plaintiff shall file and serve his pretrial statement and any motions necessary to obtain the attendance of unincarcerated witnesses at trial on or before July 7, 2009. Defendants shall file their pretrial statement on or before July 14, 2009. The parties are advised that failure to file a pretrial statement may result in the imposition of sanctions, including dismissal of this action.
5. Pretrial conference (as described in Local Rule 16-282) is set in this case for July 21, 2009. The pretrial conference shall be conducted on the file only, without appearance by either party.
6. This matter is set for jury trial before the Honorable Arthur L. Alarcón on August 4, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. in Courtroom 3 on the 15th floor.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.