The opinion of the court was delivered by: David O. Carter, U. S. District Judge
JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date. MAR 9 2009
X WITH COUNSEL Anne Hwang, DFPD
X GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea.
NOLO CONTENDERE NOT GUILTY
There being a finding/verdict of X GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of: COUNT 1 OF THE INDICTMENT: 18:1546(a) FRAUD AND MISUSE OF VISAS
The Court asked whether defendant had anything to say why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $100.00, which is due
All fines are waived as it is found that the defendant does not have the ability to pay a fine.
The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05.
Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Katelyn Phung Dang, is hereby placed on probation on Count 1 of the 2-Count Indictment for a term of three years under the following
1. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 318;
2. The defendant shall cooperate in the collection of a DNA sample from her person;
3. The defendant shall pay the special assessment in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
4. The defendant shall participate for a period of six (6) months in a home detention program which may include electronic monitoring, GPS, or voice recognition, and shall observe all rules of such program, as directed by the Probation Officer. Furthermore, the defendant shall maintain a residential telephone line without devices and/or services that may interrupt operation of the monitoring equipment;
5. The defendant shall not possess, have under her control, or have access to any firearm, explosive device, or other dangerous weapon, as ...