The opinion of the court was delivered by: Sandra M. Snyder United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER FINDING SERVICE OF AMENDED COMPLAINT APPROPRIATE, AND FORWARDING SERVICE DOCUMENTS TO PLAINTIFF FOR COMPLETION AND RETURN WITHIN THIRTY DAYS (Doc. 20)
Plaintiff Anderson Thurston is a state prisoner proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis in this civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Plaintiff filed this action on February 27, 2008. The Court has screened Plaintiff's amended complaint pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915A, and finds that it states a cognizable Eighth Amendment claim against Defendants Tilton, Kernan, Yates, Igbinosa, Grannis, Cassesi, Ahlin, and Vilaysane.*fn1 Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(a); Erickson v. Pardus, 127 S.Ct. 2197, 2200 (2007); Alvarez v. Hill, 518 F.3d 1152, 1157-58 (9th Cir. 2008). Accordingly, it is HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Service is appropriate for the following defendants: JAMES TILTON, FORMER CDCR SECRETARY SCOTT KERNAN, CDCR UNDERSECRETARY WARDEN JAMES YATES FELIX IGBINOSA, CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER N. GRANNIS G. CASSESI ASSOCIATE WARDEN JOHN AHLIN DR. K. VILAYSANE
2. The Clerk of the Court shall send Plaintiff eight (8) USM-285 forms, eight (8) summonses, a Notice of Submission of Documents form, an instruction sheet and a copy of the amended complaint filed June 19, 2008.
3. Within thirty (30) days from the date of this order, Plaintiff shall complete the attached Notice of Submission of Documents and submit the completed Notice to the Court with the following documents:
b. One completed USM-285 form for each defendant listed above; and
c. Nine (9) copies of the endorsed amended complaint filed June 19, 2008.
4. Plaintiff need not attempt service on Defendants and need not request waiver of service. Upon receipt of the above-described documents, the Court will direct the United States Marshal to serve the above-named defendants pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4 without payment of costs.
5. The failure to comply with this order will result in a recommendation that this action be dismissed.