UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
April 7, 2009
JOHN E. JAMES, III, PLAINTIFF,
A.K. SCRIBNER, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Dennis L. Beck United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER CROSS-DESIGNATING CASE TO JUDGE VADAS FOR SETTLEMENT ORDER SETTING SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE BEFORE JUDGE VADAS ON MAY 21, 2009, AT 9:00 A.M., AND REQUIRING PARTIES TO SUBMIT CONFIDENTIAL SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENTS TO JUDGE VADAS ON OR BEFORE MAY 7, 2009 ORDER STAYING ACTION AND VACATING MAY 11, 2009 TRIAL DATE
The parties in this action have indicated that a settlement conference may be beneficial in resolving this case. (Docs. 277, 281). Accordingly, it is HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The trial date of May 11, 2009 before Judge O'Neill is VACATED. This case is STAYED in its entirety pending completion of a settlement conference before Judge Vadas;
2. This case is cross-designated to the Honorable Nandor J. Vadas for settlement purposes only;
3. The settlement conference shall be conducted on May 21, 2009, at 9:00 a.m. before Judge Vadas at California State Prison-Solano;*fn1
4. Within thirty-five (35) days of the settlement conference, Judge Vadas shall file a report in this case indicating the outcome of the settlement proceedings;
5. On or before May 7, 2009, Plaintiff and Defendants shall submit confidential settlement conference statements by mail to:
United States Magistrate Judge Nandor J. Vadas P.O. Box 1306 Eureka, CA 95501-1038.
6. If settlement is not accomplished, the Court will thereafter issue a new scheduling order setting this matter down for trial.
IT IS SO ORDERED.