The opinion of the court was delivered by: Dennis L. Beck United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER FINDING SERVICE OF COMPLAINT APPROPRIATE, AND FORWARDING SERVICE DOCUMENTS TO PLAINTIFF FOR COMPLETION AND RETURN WITHIN THIRTY DAYS
Plaintiff Ivan Carter Jr. ("Plaintiff") is a state prisoner proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis in this civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Plaintiff filed this action on December 1, 2008. The Court has screened Plaintiff's complaint pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915A and finds that it states cognizable claims for relief under section 1983 against Defendants A. Fernandez, R. Reynaga and H. Carrillo for use of excessive force in violation of the Eighth Amendment, and against Defendants Ceasear and Jones for failure to provide adequate medical care in violation of the Eighth Amendment. Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(a); Erickson v. Pardus, 127 S.Ct. 2197, 2200 (2007); Alvarez v. Hill, 518 F.3d 1152, 1157-58 (9th Cir. 2008). Accordingly, it is HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Service is appropriate for the following defendants:
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER A. FERNANDEZ CORRECTIONAL OFFICER R. REYNAGA CORRECTIONAL OFFICER H. CARRILLO VOCATIONAL NURSE L. CEASEAR REGISTERED NURSE DARREN JONES
2. The Clerk of the Court shall send Plaintiff five (5) USM-285 forms, five (5) summonses, a Notice of Submission of Documents form, an instruction sheet and a copy of the complaint filed December 1, 2008.
3. Within thirty (30) days from the date of this order, Plaintiff shall complete the attached Notice of Submission of Documents and submit the completed Notice to the Court with the following documents:
b. One completed USM-285 form for each defendant listed above; and
c. Six (6) copies of the endorsed complaint filed December 1, 2008.
4. Plaintiff need not attempt service on Defendants and need not request waiver of service. Upon receipt of the above-described documents, the Court will direct the United States Marshal to serve the above-named defendants pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4 without payment of costs.
5. The failure to comply with this order will result in a recommendation that this action be dismissed.