IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
May 5, 2009
GREGORY D. GRANT, PLAINTIFF,
GOVERNOR ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
Plaintiff is a civil detainee committed to Atascadero State Hospital under California's Sexually Violent Predators Act proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis with a civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. On April 28, 2009, defendants filed a request for leave to file late a responsive pleading together with a proposed motion to dismiss pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(b)(6).
Good cause appearing, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Defendants' April 28, 2009 request is granted;
2. Defendants' April 28, 2009 motion to dismiss is deemed timely filed;
3. Plaintiff's opposition to defendants' motion shall be filed and served not later than twenty-one days from the date this order is filed;
4. Defendants' reply, if any, shall be filed and served not later than seven days thereafter; and
5. Failure to file an opposition to the motion to dismiss will result in a recommendation that this action be dismissed.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.