The opinion of the court was delivered by: Oliver W. Wanger, United States District Judge
STIPULATION AND ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE OF TRIAL DATE
This case is presently set for trial beginning July 14, 2009. The pre-trial conference is set for June 22, 2009, and a mandatory settlement conference is set for June 19, 2009. The parties hereto, acting through their respective counsel, jointly request that the trial date be continued to November 17, 2009, that a new pre-trial conference date be assigned, and that a mandatory settlement conference not be required. The reasons for these requests are the following ones:
1. In the last few days the parties have agreed to participate in private mediation.
2. Because the case is complex business litigation and involves a relatively large amount, an experienced well-qualified mediator is required.
3. Experienced well-qualified mediators are booked a couple of months in advance.
4. The mediation will be a full day's mediation beginning at 8:30 a.m. and continuing so long that day as may be necessary to conclude it.
5. Given the participation by the parties in a private mediation, a mandatory settlement conference would not serve a useful purpose.
Good cause appearing therefor, IT IS ORDERED:
1. The trial date in this case is continued from July 14, 2009, to November 17, 2009, at 9:00 a.m., Courtroom #3.
2. The pre-trial conference date in this case is continued from June 22, 2009, to 10/5/2009, 2009, ...