UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
May 20, 2009
ALFRED BROWN, PLAINTIFF,
EDGAR CASTILLO, ET AL., DEFENDANTS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Dennis L. Beck United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER CROSS-DESIGNATING CASE TO JUDGE VADAS FOR SETTLEMENT ORDER SETTING SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE BEFORE JUDGE VADAS ON JUNE 24, 2009, AND REQUIRING PARTIES TO SUBMIT CONFIDENTIAL SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENTS TO JUDGE VADAS ON OR BEFORE JUNE 12, 2009
On May 14, 2009, the parties filed a joint request for mediation before the Honorable Judge Vadas. (Doc. 203.) Accordingly, it is HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. This case is cross-designated to the Honorable Nandor J. Vadas for settlement purposes only;
2. The settlement conference shall be conducted on June 24, 2009 before Judge Vadas at California State Prison-Solano;*fn1
3. Within eleven (11) days of the settlement conference, Judge Vadas shall file a report in this case indicating the outcome of the settlement proceedings;
4. On or before June 12, 2009, Plaintiff and Defendants shall submit confidential settlement conference statements by mail to: United States Magistrate Judge Nandor J. Vadas P.O. Box 1306 Eureka, CA 95501-1038. and;
5. In light of the District Judge's rulings on the parties' motion to modify the Scheduling Order and motion for reconsideration, this action is not stayed pending completion of the proceedings before Judge Vadas.
IT IS SO ORDERED.