The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge: Hon. William B. Shubb
STIPULATION AND [PROPOSED] ORDER CONTINUING MOTIONS HEARING AND TRIAL DATES, SETTING BRIEFING SCHEDULE AND EXCLUDING SPEEDY TRIAL ACT TIME
Whereas, defendant Javier Garcia desires additional time to file additional pretrial motions; conduct further investigation, including the scene of the alleged crimes; and otherwise prepare his defense for trial,
IT IS HEREBY stipulated between plaintiff United States of America and defendant Javier Garcia, through their respective undersigned counsel, that:
1. The presently set June 15, 2009, hearing date on Garcia's motion to suppress statements shall be continued to June 23, 2009, at 9:00 a.m., for argument and evidentiary hearing;
2. The United States' opposition memorandum to Garcia's motion to suppress statements shall be due on June 9, 2009;
3. Garcia's reply memorandum, if any, shall be due on June 16, 2009;
4. The parties shall file any other pretrial motions by June 29, 2009;
5. Responses to other pretrial motions shall be due by July 20, 2009;
6. Reply memoranda, if any, in support of the parties' other pretrial motions shall be due by July 27, 2009;
7. The Court shall hold a hearing on the parties' other pretrial motions on August 3, 2009, at 8:30 a.m., along with a trial confirmation hearing; and
8. The presently set June 23, 2009, trial date shall be continued to September 1, 2009, at 9:00 a.m.
It is further stipulated that the period from the date of this stipulation, June 3, 2009, up to and including September 1, 2009, shall be excluded from the computation of the time within which the trial of this matter must be commenced under the Speedy Trial Act, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(7)(A) and (B)(iv) and Local Code T4, for preparation of defense counsel.