UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
June 5, 2009
PARAMOUNT PICTURES CORPORATION, PLAINTIFF,
JESSICA SMITH, JOSE SOLIS A/K/A JOSE SOLISCHUN A/K/A JOSE SOLISCHUN AND DOES 2 -- 10, INCLUSIVE, DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. John F. Walter Judge, United States District Court for the Central District of California
CONSENT DECREE AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION
The Court, having read and considered the Joint Stipulation for Entry of Consent Decree and Permanent Injunction that has been executed by Plaintiff Paramount Pictures Corporation ("Plaintiff") and Defendant Jose Solis a/k/a Jose Solis-Chun a/k/a Jose Solischun a/k/a Jose Herrera ("Defendant") in this action, and good cause appearing therefore, hereby:
ORDERS that based on the parties' stipulation and only as to Defendant, his successors, heirs, and assignees, this Injunction shall be and is hereby entered in the within action as follows:
1) This Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this action and over the subject matter hereof pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq., and 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331 and 1338. Service of process was properly made against Defendant.
2) The Complaint shall be amended to identify Defendant as "Jose Solis a/k/a Jose Solis-Chun a/k/a Jose Solischun a/k/a Jose Herrera." The amended Complaint shall be deemed served on Defendant.
3) Plaintiff claims that it owns or controls the pertinent rights in and to the copyright registrations listed in Exhibit "A" attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference (The copyrights identified in Exhibit A are collectively referred to herein as "Plaintiff's Properties").
4) Plaintiff has alleged that Defendant has made unauthorized uses of Plaintiff's Properties or substantially similar likenesses or colorable imitations thereof.
5) Defendant and his agents, servants, employees and all persons in active concert and participation with him who receive actual notice of the Injunction are hereby restrained and enjoined from:
a) Infringing Plaintiff's Properties, either directly or contributorily, in any manner, including generally, but not limited to manufacturing, importing, reproducing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale any unauthorized product which features any of Plaintiff's Properties ("Unauthorized Products"), and, specifically from:
i) Importing, manufacturing, reproducing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale the Unauthorized Products or any other unauthorized products which picture, reproduce, copy or use the likenesses of or bear a substantial similarity to any of Plaintiff's Properties;
ii) Importing, manufacturing, reproducing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale in connection thereto any unauthorized promotional materials, labels, packaging or containers which picture, reproduce, copy or use the likenesses of or bear a confusing similarity to any of Plaintiff's Properties;
iii) Engaging in any conduct that tends falsely to represent that, or is likely to confuse, mislead or deceive purchasers, Defendant's customers and/or members of the public to believe, the actions of Defendant, the products sold by Defendant, or Defendant himself is connected with Plaintiff, is sponsored, approved or licensed by Plaintiff, or is affiliated with Plaintiff;
iv) Affixing, applying, annexing or using in connection with the importation, manufacture, reproduction, distribution, advertising, sale and/or offer for sale or other use of any goods or services, a false description or representation, including words or other symbols, tending to falsely describe or represent such goods as being those of Plaintiff.
6) Each side shall bear its own fees and costs of suit.
7) Except as provided herein, all claims alleged in the Complaint against Defendant are dismissed with prejudice.
8) All claims alleged in the Complaint against Jessica Smith are dismissed without prejudice.
9) This Injunction shall be deemed to have been served upon Defendant at the time of its execution by the Court.
10) In light of the Parties' settlement and stipulation, the Default Judgment entered on May 27, 2009, is hereby vacated.
11) The Court finds there is no just reason for delay in entering this Injunction and, pursuant to Rule 54(a) of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Court directs immediate entry of this Injunction against Defendant.
12) The Court shall retain jurisdiction of this action to entertain such further proceedings and to enter such further orders as may be necessary or appropriate to implement and enforce the provisions of this Injunction.
13) The above-captioned action, shall, upon filing by Plaintiff of the Settlement Agreement, Stipulation for Entry of Judgment and Judgment Pursuant to Stipulation, and requesting entry of judgment against Defendant, be reopened should Defendant default under the terms of the Settlement Agreement.
Paramount Pictures Copyrights
TITLE COPYRIGHT #
Cloverfield PA1-591-448 Into The Wild PAU3334-927 Iron Man PA1-596-370 Kite Runner, The PA1-590-360 Kung Fu Panda PA1-598-023 Love Guru, The PA1-599-004 Ruins, The PA1-595-040 Son Of Rambow PA1-596-680 Spiderwick Chronicles, The PA1-592-766 Stardust PA1-354-984 Stop Loss PA1-594-612 Strange Wilderness PA1-591-952
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.