The opinion of the court was delivered by: James V. Selna U. S. District Judge
JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date. JUNE 22 2009
X WITH COUNSEL Marlin Stapleton, retained
X GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea. NOLO
There being a finding/verdict of X GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of: Conspiracy in violation of Title 18 U.S.C. 371 as charged in the Single Count Information
The Court asked whether defendant had anything to say why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted and ordered that: Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant is hereby placed on
Probation for a term of Three (3) years.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $100.00, which is due immediately.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $65,075.00 pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3663A. Defendant shall pay restitution in the amount ordered to victims as set forth in a separate victim list prepared by the probation office which this Court adopts and which reflects the Court's determination of the amount of restitution due to each victim. The victim list, which shall be forwarded to the fiscal section of the clerk's office, shall remain confidential to protect the privacy interests of the victims.
The defendant shall pay nominal monthly payments of at least $50 shall be made during the period of supervised release. These payments shall begin 30 days after the commencement of supervision. Nominal restitution payments are ordered as the court finds that the defendant's economic circumstances do not allow for either immediate or future payment of the amount ordered. If the defendant makes a partial payment, each payee shall receive approximately proportional payment unless another priority order or percentage payment is specified in this judgment. Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(f)(3)(A), interest on the restitution ordered is waived because the defendant does not have the ability to pay interest. Payments may be subject to penalties for default and delinquency pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(g).
The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05.
All fines are waived as it is found that the defendant does not have the ability to pay a fine in addition to restitution.
The defendant's term of probation shall be served under the following terms and conditions:
1. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 318;
2. During the period of community supervision the defendant shall pay the special assessment and restitution in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
3. During the period of community supervision the defenant shall serve a term of eight (8) months home detention and shall pay all monitoring costs associated therewith;
4. The defendant shall cooperate in the collection of a DNA sample from his person;
5. The defendant shall not engage, as whole or partial owner, employee, or otherwise, in any business involving tax resolution or tax consulting services of any kind, or any other business involving the solicitation of funds or cold-calls to customers, without the express written approval of the Probation Officer prior to engagement in such business or employment. Further, the defendant shall provide the Probation Officer with access to any and all business records, client lists, and other records pertaining to the operation of any business owned, in whole or in part, by the defendant, as directed by the Probation Officer;
6. The defendant shall apply monies received from income tax refunds greater than $500, lottery winnings, inheritance, judgments, and any anticipated or unexpected financial gains to the outstanding court-ordered financial obligation;
7. The defendant shall participate in mental health treatment, which may include evaluation and counseling, until discharged from the treatment by the treatment provider, with the approval of the Probation Officer; and
8. As directed by the Probation Officer, the defendant shall pay all or part of the costs of treating the defendant's psychiatric disorder to the aftercare contractor during the period of community supervision, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3672. The defendant shall ...