IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
July 6, 2009
LIONELL THOLMER, PLAINTIFF,
CHERYL K. PLILER, ET AL., DEFENDANTS
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Craig M. Kellison United States Magistrate Judge
Plaintiff, a state prisoner proceeding pro se, brings this civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. On June 24, 2009, the court authorised additional time for the completion of discovery between Plaintiff and defendants Pliler, Morrow, Wilson and Stratton, who have only recently appeared in this matter. Upon review of the docket, the court discovered it failed to set a deadline for the outstanding discovery requests Plaintiff served in May 2009. In addition, the court finds some clarification may be necessary in regards to the additional discovery which has been authorized.
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Defendants Morrow, Wilson and Stratton shall respond to the discovery requests Plaintiff served on or about May 10, 2009, and May 16, 2009, on or before July 31, 2009;
2. Plaintiff, may propound additional discovery requests on defendants Pliler, Morrow, Wilson and Stratton until July 24, 2009;
3. Defendants Pliler, Morrow, Wilson and Stratton may propound additional discovery requests on Plaintiff until July 24, 2009;
4. Responses to any additional discovery requests authorized herein shall be due 45 days after the request is served;
5. No party may serve any discovery requests after July 24, 2009; and
6. Except for the additional discovery authorized herein, no additional discovery may be propounded at this time.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.