The opinion of the court was delivered by: The Honorable Marilyn Hall Patel United States District Judge
This Document Relates To: STIPULATION AND [PROPOSED] ORDER STAYING PENDING DEADLINES UNTIL ALL ACTIONS. COMPLETION OF MEDIATION
WHEREAS, on May 26, 2009, this Court issued a Memorandum & Order Re: Defendants' Motion to Dismiss that granted defendants' motions to dismiss with leave to amend and directed plaintiffs to file an amended complaint within 30 days;
WHEREAS, on June 5, 2009, the Court signed the parties' Stipulation and [Proposed] Order Regarding the Amended Consolidated Complaint and Briefing Schedule ("Stipulated Order") adopting the following deadlines in connection with the filing of plaintiffs' amended consolidated complaint:
1. Plaintiffs' amended consolidated complaint due: July 24, 2009;
2. Defendants' motions to dismiss due: September 4, 2009;
3. Plaintiffs' opposition to defendants' motions to dismiss due: October 9, 2009;
4. Defendants' replies due: November 6, 2009; and
5. Hearing on defendants' motions to dismiss: November 20, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.;
WHEREAS, subsequent to the June 5, 2009 Stipulated Order, the parties met and conferred and agreed to make a good faith effort at mediation;
WHEREAS, the parties have agreed to a mediator, Judge William J. Cahill (Ret.), and are currently scheduling the mediation for the week of October 5, 2009;
WHEREAS, the parties believe it is reasonable to stay all current deadlines pending completion of the mediation to avoid expending additional time and resources of both the Court and the parties that may become unnecessary if the mediation is successful; and
WHEREAS, in the event the mediation is unsuccessful, the parties will meet and confer and submit to the Court a revised schedule with the same briefing intervals as the schedule adopted by the Court above.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED AND AGREED by the parties, through their undersigned counsel, as follows: 25
1. All current deadlines set forth in the Court's June 5, 2009 Stipulated Order are hereby stayed until the completion of the parties mediation; and
2. In the event the mediation is unsuccessful, the parties shall submit a stipulation and [proposed] order with a revised schedule of deadlines in connection with ...