IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
August 20, 2009
JESSE OLIVAS, PLAINTIFF,
DR. J. NEUBARTH, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gary S. Austin United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER FINDING SERVICE OF COMPLAINT APPROPRIATE, AND FORWARDING SERVICE DOCUMENTS TO PLAINTIFF FOR COMPLETION AND RETURN WITHIN THIRTY DAYS (Docs. 1 and 9)
This is a civil rights action filed pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983 by Plaintiff Jesse Olivas, a state prisoner proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis. Plaintiff filed this action on May 18, 2009. The Court screened Plaintiff's complaint pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915A, and found that it states a claim against Defendant Neubarth for violation of the Eighth Amendment.*fn1 Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(a)(2). Accordingly, it is HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Service shall be initiated on the following defendant:
J. NEUBARTH, M.D.
2. The Clerk of the Court shall send Plaintiff one (1) USM-285 form, one (1) summons, a Notice of Submission of Documents form, an instruction sheet and a copy of the complaint filed May 18, 2009.
3. Within thirty (30) days from the date of this order, Plaintiff shall complete the attached Notice of Submission of Documents and submit the completed Notice to the Court with the following documents:
a. Completed summons;
b. Completed USM-285 form; and
c. Two (2) copies of the endorsed complaint filed May 18, 2009.
4. Plaintiff need not attempt service on the defendant and need not request waiver of service. Upon receipt of the above-described documents, the Court will direct the United States Marshal to serve the above-named defendant pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4 without payment of costs.
5. The failure to comply with this order will result in a recommendation that this action be dismissed.
IT IS SO ORDERED.