UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
September 16, 2009
JOHNIE L. STOCKER, PLAINTIFF,
ANTHONY HEDGPETH, WARDEN, KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON; SHARON ZAMORA, HEALTH CARE MANAGER, KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON; N. GRANNIS, CHIEF OF INMATE APPEALS, KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON; A. ALOMARI, MEDICAL APPEALS ANALYST, KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON; DAVID SMITH, M.D., SURGEON, CSP - CORCORAN SPECIALTY CLINIC, JONATHAN AKANNO, M.D., PHYSICIAN/SURGEON, KERN VALLEY STATE PRISON; AND DOES 1 THROUGH 50, INCLUSIVE, DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Dennis L. Beck United States Magistrate Judge
STIPULATION TO AMEND PRE-TRIAL SCHEDULE; ORDER.
IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED by and between Plaintiff Johnie L. Stocker and Defendant Jonathan Akanno, M.D. (collectively, "the Parties"), through their respective counsel of record that,
1. On July 9, 2009, the Court entered its Minute Order [Docket No. 59] providing several pre-trial dates and deadlines, including: (a) September 17, 2009 for the Early Settlement Conference; (b) November 2, 2009 as the date Expert Disclosure would be due; and (c) February 1, 2010 as the Expert Discovery Cut-Off.
2. Counsel for Defendant Jonathan Akanno, M.D. is not authorized at this time by the State of California to participate in settlement negotiations.
3. Therefore, the Parties respectfully request that the Court modify the July 9, 2009 Order as follows:
(a) The Early Settlement Conference will be continued from September 17, 2009 to November 12, 2009, at 1:00 p.m.;
(b) The deadline for Expert Disclosure will be continued from November 2, 2009 to January 15, 2010; and
(c) The Expert Discovery Cut-Off will be continued from February 1, 2010 to February 12, 2010.
IT IS SO STIPULATED.
Dated: September 10, 2009
Yolanda Orozco Attorneys for Plaintiff JOHNIE L. STOCKER
Dated: September 10, 2009
EDMUND G. BROWN, JR. Attorney General of the State of California ALBERTO L. GONZALEZ Supervising Deputy Attorney General
Jill Scally, Deputy Attorney General Attorneys for Defendant JONATHAN AKANNO, M.D.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that, pursuant to the Stipulation of the parties, and good cause appearing, the Minute Order entered July 9, 2009 setting forth the pre-trial schedule is modified as follows:
1. The Early Settlement Conference is continued from September 17, 2009 to November 12, 2009, at 1:00 p.m.;
2. The deadline for Expert Disclosure is continued from November 2, 2009 to January 15, 2010; and
3. The Expert Discovery Cut-Off is continued from February 1, 2010 to February 12, 2010.
All other scheduled dates will remain unchanged.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.