UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
September 30, 2009
VIRGIL E. HOLT, PLAINTIFF,
R. NICHOLAS, ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Dennis L. Beck United States Magistrate Judge
ORDER FINDING SERVICE OF COMPLAINT APPROPRIATE, AND FORWARDING SERVICE DOCUMENTS TO PLAINTIFF FOR COMPLETION AND RETURN WITHIN THIRTY DAYS (Doc. 1)
Plaintiff Virgil E. Holt ("Plaintiff") is a state prisoner proceeding pro se and in forma pauperis in this civil rights action pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Plaintiff filed this action on May 4, 2009. The Court screened Plaintiff's complaint pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1915A, and found that it states a claim against Defendants R. Nicholas, A. Holgen, J. Ortega, L. Machado, J. Juden, R. Valverde, F. Rivera, G. Adame, D. Coontz, M. Bubbel, Dr. Vo, Crouch, Tyree, Knight, Pinkerton, Valasco, Large, Soto, Worrell, Yubeta, K. Prior, D. Zanchi and M. Carrasco for violation of the Eighth Amendment. Fed. R. Civ. P. 8(a); Erickson v. Pardus, 551 U.S. 89, 127 S.Ct. 2197, 2200 (2007); Alvarez v. Hill, 518 F.3d 1152, 1157-58 (9th Cir. 2008). Accordingly, it is HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. Service shall be initiated on the following defendants:
M. Bubbel Dr. Vo Crouch Tyree Knight Pinkerton Valasco Large Soto Worrell Yubeta
2. The Clerk of the Court shall send Plaintiff twenty-three (23) USM-285 forms, twenty-three (23) summonses, a Notice of Submission of Documents form, an instruction sheet and a copy of the complaint filed May 4, 2009.
3. Within thirty (30) days from the date of this order, Plaintiff shall complete the attached Notice of Submission of Documents and submit the completed Notice to the Court with the following documents:
a. Completed summons;
b. One completed USM-285 form for each defendant listed above; and
c. Twenty-four (24) copies of the endorsed complaint filed May 4, 2009.
4. Plaintiff need not attempt service on the defendants and need not request waiver of service. Upon receipt of the above-described documents, the Court will direct the United States Marshal to serve the above-named defendants pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4 without payment of costs.
5. The failure to comply with this order will result in a recommendation that this action be dismissed.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.