The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gary S. Austin United States Magistrate Judge
STIPULATION TO STAY CASE AND TO VACATE SCHEDULING CONFERENCE; ORDER THEREON
IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED by and between Plaintiff, United States of America and Claimant Ali Reza Miller as follows:
1. Claimant Ali Reza Miller is presently facing federal criminal charges in the Eastern District of California, United States v. Dominic Ducas, et al., 1:09-CR-00036-LJO, allegedly relating to transactions or events which form the basis for this civil forfeiture action.
2. The parties recognize that proceeding with this action has potential adverse affects on the prosecution of the related criminal case and/or upon Claimant Ali Reza Millers' right against self-incrimination in the related federal criminal case.
3. Publication of the civil forfeiture action has been completed and to date only Ali Reza Miller has filed a claim and answer, or otherwise appeared in this action.
THEREFORE, the parties to this action stipulate and request as follows:
1. Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 981(g), this action be stayed pending the conclusion of the federal criminal action presently pending against Ali Reza Miller in the Eastern District of California; and,
2. The Scheduling Conference in the civil case scheduled for October 13, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. in Courtroom 10 before Magistrate Judge Gary S. Austin be vacated.
3. The parties are to promptly notify the Court when the criminal case resolves. IT IS SO STIPULATED.
Dated: September 30, 2009
LAWRENCE G. BROWN United States Attorney
DEANNA L. MARTINEZ Assistant United States Attorney
ALI REZA MILLER Claimant In Propia Persona (Original signature ...