JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date. 11/19/2009
U WITH COUNSEL Steve Escovar, Appointed
U GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea.
NOLO CONTENDERE NOT GUILTY
There being a finding/verdict of U GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of:
18 U.S.C. § 1344(1): BANK FRAUD, 18 U.S.C. § 1028A: AGGRAVATED IDENTITY THEFT as charged in the Indictment in Case No. CR 08-1466-GW and 18 U.S.C. § 1029(b)(2): CONSPIRACY as charged in the First Superseding Indictment in Case No. CR 08-1467-GW.
The Court asked whether defendant had anything to say why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted and ordered that: Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant is hereby committed to the custody of the Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for a term of: Seventy-Five (75) Months.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $400, which is due immediately.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay a combined restitution in the total amount of $537,973.69 as to Cases Nos. CR08-1466 and CR08-1467 pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3663A.
Defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $537,973.69 to victims as set forth in a separate victim list prepared by the probation office which this Court adopts and which reflects the Court's determination of the amount of restitution due to each victim. The victim list, which shall be forwarded to the fiscal section of the clerk's office, shall remain confidential to protect the privacy interests of the victims.
If the defendant makes a partial payment, each payee shall receive approximately proportional payment unless another priority order or percentage payment is specified in this judgment.
Restitution shall be due during the period of imprisonment, at the rate of not less than $25 per quarter, and pursuant to the Bureau of Prisons' Inmate Financial Responsibility Program. If any amount of the restitution remains unpaid after release from custody, nominal monthly payments of at least $500 shall be made during the period of supervised release. These payments shall begin 30 days after the commencement of supervision. Nominal restitution payments are ordered as the court finds that the defendant's economic circumstances do not allow for either immediate or future payment of the
The defendant shall be held jointly and severally liable with co-participants, Jose Inthisone, Viet Nguyen, Kyle Kongchan, and Huy Tran, for the amount of restitution ordered in this judgment as it applies to each of the separately files Indictments. The victims' recovery is limited to the amount of their loss and the defendant's liability for restitution ceases if and when the victims receive full restitution.
The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05.
All fines are waived as it is found that the defendant does not have the ability to pay a fine in addition to restitution.
As to Docket No. CR08-01466, pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Joe Inthisone, is hereby committed on counts three, four, five and fifteen of the 21-Count Indictment to the custody of the Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for a term of 75 months. This term consists of 51 months on each of counts three, four, and five, plus a mandatory minimum and consecutive term of 24 months as to count 15.
As to Docket No. CR08-01467(A), pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Joe Inthisone, is hereby committed on count one of the First Superseding Indictment to the custody of the Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for a term of 57 months, the statutory maximum penalty.
The total term of imprisonment for both cases is 75 months.
Upon release from imprisonment, the defendant shall be placed on supervised release for a term of three years under the following terms and conditions. As to Docket No. CR08-01466, this term consists of three years on each of counts three, four, and five; and one year as to count 15; such terms to run concurrently. As to Docket No. CR08-01467(A), the defendant shall be placed on supervised release for a term of three years as to count one such term to run concurrently to the term of supervised release imposed in Docket No. CR08-01466, under the following terms and conditions:
1. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 318;
2. The defendant shall refrain from any unlawful use of a controlled substance. The defendant shall submit to one drug test within 15 days of release from imprisonment and at least two periodic drug tests thereafter, not to exceed eight tests per month, as directed by the Probation Officer;
3. The defendant shall participate in an outpatient substance abuse treatment and counseling program that includes urinalysis, breath, and/or sweat patch testing, as directed by the Probation Officer. The defendant shall abstain from using illicit drugs and alcohol, and abusing prescription medications during the period of supervision;
4. During the course of supervision, the Probation Officer, with the agreement of the defendant and defense counsel, may place the defendant in a residential drug treatment program approved by the United States Probation Office for treatment of narcotic addiction or drug dependency, which may include counseling and testing, to determine if the defendant has reverted to the use of drugs, and the defendant shall reside in the treatment program until discharged by the Program Director and Probation Officer;
5. As directed by the Probation Officer, the defendant shall pay all or part of the costs of treating the defendant's drug dependency to the aftercare contractor during the period of community supervision, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3672. The defendant shall provide payment and proof of payment as directed by the Probation Officer;
6. During the period of community supervision the defendant shall pay the special assessment and restitution in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
7. When not employed or excused by the Probation Officer for schooling, training, or other acceptable reasons, the defendant shall perform 20 hours of community service ...