UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
December 10, 2009
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF,
MICHAEL MAGOON, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. Dana M. Sabraw United States District Judge
FORFEITURE ORDER OF CRIMINAL
WHEREAS, in the Indictment in the above-captioned case, the United States sought forfeiture of all right, title and interest in specific properties of the above-named Defendant, MICHAEL MAGOON ("Defendant"), pursuant to Title 18, United States Code, Section 981(a)(1)(C), and Title 28, United States Code, Section 2461(c), as charged in the Indictment; and
WHEREAS, on or about November 3, 2009, Defendant pled guilty to Count 1 of the Indictment, which plea included a consent to the forfeiture allegations of the Indictment and an agreement to entry of a $10,000 judgment against the Defendant in favor of the United States; and
WHEREAS, on November 18, 2009, this Court accepted the guilty plea of the Defendant; and
WHEREAS, by virtue of the admissions of the Defendant set out in the plea agreement and guilty plea, the Court determined that $10,000 (U.S. dollars) represents the proceeds obtained directly or indirectly from the commission of the offense of theft of government property, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 641, as charged in the Indictment; and
WHEREAS, by virtue of said guilty plea and the Court's findings, the United States is now entitled to an Order of Forfeiture and a judgment in its favor against the Defendant in the amount of $10,000, pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 853 and Rule 32.2(b) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure; and
WHEREAS, Rule 32.2(c)(1) provides that "no ancillary proceeding is required to the extent that the forfeiture consists of a money judgment;" and
WHEREAS, by virtue of the facts set forth in the plea agreement, the United States has established the requisite nexus between the $10,000 judgment and the offense; and
WHEREAS, the United States, having submitted the Order herein to the Defendant through his attorney of record, to review, and no objections having been received;
Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED:
1. Defendant MICHAEL MAGOON shall forfeit to the United States the sum of $10,000 pursuant to Title 18, United States Code, Section 981(a)(1)(C), and Title 28, United States Code, Section 2461(c); and
2. Judgment shall be entered in favor of the United State against Defendant MICHAEL MAGOON in the amount of $10,000.00 with interest to accrue thereon in accordance with law; and
3. This Court shall retain jurisdiction in the case for the purpose of enforcing the order of forfeiture and collecting and enforcing the judgment; and
4. Pursuant to Rule 32.2(b)(3), this Order of Forfeiture shall be made final as to the Defendant at the time of sentencing and is part of the sentence and included in the judgment; and
5. The United States may, at any time, move pursuant to Rule 32.2(e) to amend this Order of Forfeiture to substitute property having a value not to exceed $10,000 to satisfy the money judgment in whole or in part; and
6. The United States may take any and all actions available to it to collect and enforce the judgment.
© 1992-2009 VersusLaw Inc.