The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge The Honorable Charles R. Breyer
ORDER RE: JOINT CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT
The parties to this action hereby submit their Joint Case Management Conference Statement and Request to Continue the currently scheduled Case Management Conference.
1. As the Court's records will reflect, this action was filed on August 24, 2009, to compel Defendant's payment of contributions found due on audit, for work performed by its employees during the period from May 1, 2006 through May 31, 2008, as well as liquidated damages, accrued interest, and related attorneys' fees and costs, and audit testing fees.
2. On September 25, 2009, Defendant filed an Answer to the Complaint.
3. The parties have stipulated to mediation, and the matter was referred to mediation pursuant to the November 10, 2009 Court Order.
4. A Mediation Hearing is currently set for January 11, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Law Office of Arthur R. Siegel.
5. Accordingly, the parties hereto respectfully request that the Case Management Conference, currently on calendar for January 15, 2010, be continued for approximately thirty (30) days to allow the parties to attempt to resolve this matter by mediation and, if so, to finalize any settlement with documentation thereof.
6. There are no issues that need to be addressed by the parties at the currently scheduled Case Management Conference, given that Mediation is pending next week. In the interest of conserving costs as well as the Court's time and resources, the parties hereto respectfully request that the Court continue the currently scheduled Case Management Conference.
SALTZMAN & JOHNSON LAW CORPORATION Muriel B. Kaplan Attorneys for Plaintiffs
JORDAN LAW GROUP Patrick W. Jordan Attorneys for Defendant
The currently scheduled Case Management Conference is continued to ...