UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
January 26, 2010
DISTRICT COUNCIL NORTHERN CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND WELFARE TRUST FUND, ET. AL.,. PLAINTIFFS,
M B FLOORING, INC., DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Judge: The Honorable Susan Illston
JOINT REQUEST TO EXTEND MEDIATION DEADLINE AND CONTINUE CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE Date: March 26, 2010 Time: 2:30 p.m. Ctrm: 10, 19th Floor
The parties to the above-entitled action jointly request that the deadline for mediation be extended for the following reasons:
1. On December 3, 2009, the appointment of Mediator Michael Sobel in this action was vacated [Docket No. 20].
2. On January 14, 2010, Arthur Siegel was appointed as the Mediator in this action, replacing Michael Sobel. [Docket No. 23].
3. An initial telephone conference occurred today, January 25, 2010. During the conference call, a mediation date of March 16, 2010 was set.
4. To allow the mediation to occur as scheduled, the parties request that the deadline be extended to late March -- early April, 2010. The parties have been exchanging documents and other information, hoping to resolve the matter. Extending the deadline will also allow negotiations to continue.
5. A Case Management Conference is currently set for March 26, 2010. Based on the foregoing, there are no issues to discuss pending mediation. The parties therefore jointly request that the date be continued to 30 days after the new mediation deadline.
Good cause appearing, the mediation deadline is extended to _______________, 2010.
April 2, The Case Management Conference currently set for December 18, 2009 is continued to ___________________, 2010.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.