The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gary Allen Feess U. S. District Judge
JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER MONTH DAY YEAR
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date. 05 03 2010
X WITH COUNSEL Edward M. Robinson, Retained
X GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea.
NOLO CONTENDERE NOT GUILTY
There being a finding/verdict of GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of: False Statement in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1001 as charged in Count 1 of the Indictment.
The Court asked whether there was any reason why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted and ordered that: Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Shawnda Burnett, is hereby placed on PROBATION on Count One of the Four-Count Indictment for a term of THREE years.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $100, which is due immediately.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $37,374 pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3663A.
Defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $37,374.00 to victim(s) as set forth in a separate victim list prepared by the Probation Office which this Court adopts and which reflects the Court's determination of the amount of restitution due to each victim. The victim list, which shall be forwarded by the Probation Officer to the fiscal section of the Clerk's Office, shall remain confidential to protect the privacy interests of the victims.
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(f)(3)(A), interest on the restitution ordered is waived because the defen dant does not have the ability to pay interest. Payments may be subject to penalties for default and delinquency pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(g).
The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05.
All fines are waived as it is found that the defendant does not have the ability to pay a fine in addition to restitution.
Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Shawnda Burnett, is hereby placed on probation on Count One of the Four-Count Indictment for a term of three (3) years under the following terms and conditions:
1. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 318;
2. The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05;
3. During the period of community supervision the defendant shall pay the special assessment and restitution in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
4. The defendant shall participate for a period of six months in a home detention program, which shall include monitoring, other than electronic or GPS monitoring. Defendant shall observe all rules of such program, as directed by the Probation Officer. The defendant shall maintain a residential telephone line without devices and/or services that may interrupt operation of the monitoring equipment;
5. The defendant shall cooperate in the collection of a DNA sample from the defendant; and
6. The defendant shall apply monies in excess of $500 received from income tax refunds to the outstanding court-ordered financial obligation. In addition, the defendant shall apply all monies received from lottery winnings, inheritance, judgments and any anticipated or unexpected financial gains to the outstanding court-ordered financial obligation.
The drug testing condition mandated by statute is suspended based on the Court's determination that the defendant poses a ...