The opinion of the court was delivered by: John A. Mendez United States District Judge
PRELIMINARY ORDER OF FORFEITURE
Based upon the plea agreement entered into between plaintiff United States of America and defendant Ryan Louis Ennis, it is hereby ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED as follows:
1. Pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 853(a), defendant Ryan Louis Ennis' interest in the following properties shall be condemned and forfeited to the United States of America, to be disposed of according to law:
a) Real property located at 4101 Hi Twist Lane, Somerset, California, El Dorado County, APN: 093-032-04-100; and
b) Real property located at 8013 Spring Valley Road, Pollack Pines, California, El Dorado County, APN: 009-040-23-100.
2. The above-listed properties were used, or intended to be used, in any matter or part, to commit, or to facilitate the commission of violations of 21 U.S.C. §§ 841(a)(1) and 846.
3. Pursuant to Rule 32.2(b), the Attorney General (or a designee) shall be authorized to seize the above-listed properties. The aforementioned properties shall be seized and held by the U.S. Marshals Service, in its secure custody and control.
4. a. Pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 853(n) and Local Rule 171, the United States shall publish notice of the order of forfeiture. Notice of this Order and notice of the Attorney General's (or a designee's) intent to dispose of the properties in such manner as the Attorney General may direct shall be posted for at least 30 consecutive days on the official internet government forfeiture site www.forfeiture.gov. The United States may also, to the extent practicable, provide direct written notice to any person known to have alleged an interest in the properties that are the subject of the order of forfeiture as a substitute for published notice as to those persons so notified.
b. This notice shall state that any person, other than the defendant, asserting a legal interest in the above-listed properties, must file a petition with the Court within sixty (60) days from the first day of publication of the Notice of Forfeiture posted on the official government forfeiture site, or within thirty (30) days from receipt of direct written notice, whichever is earlier.
5. If a petition is timely filed, upon adjudication of all third-party interests, if any, this Court will enter a Final Order of Forfeiture pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 853(a), in which all interests will be addressed.
SO ORDERED this 7th day of May, 2010.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw ...