UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
May 12, 2010
STERIL-AIRE, INC., PLAINTIFF,
FIRST LIGHT TECHNOLOGIES, INC., ET AL., DEFENDANTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Alicemarie H. Stotler United States District Court Judge
NOTE: CHANGES MADE BY THE COURT
Related Counterclaims and Third-Party Claims
ORDER DISMISSING ALL REMAINING CLAIMS WITH PREJUDICE
1. On June 18, 2008, Steril-Aire initiated this action (the "Action") by filing a Complaint against UV Resources, LLC ("UVR"), Forrest B. Fencl ("Fencl"), and First Light Technologies, Inc. ("First Light"). (Doc. No. 1.)
2. On August 13, 2008, UVR and Fencl filed a Counterclaim against SterilAire. (Doc. No. 13.)
3. On September 17, 2008, UVR and Fencl filed an Amended Counterclaim against Steril-Aire. (Doc. No. 31.)
4. On October 1, 2008, UVR and Fencl filed a Second Amended Counterclaim against Steril-Aire. (Doc. No. 32.)
5. On October 24, 2008, Steril-Aire filed a First Amended Complaint against UVR, Fencl, and First Light. (Doc. No. 42.)
6. On November 7, 2008, UVR and Fencl filed a Third Amended Counterclaim against Steril-Aire. (Doc. No. 52.)
7. On February 23, 2009, UVR filed a Third-Party Complaint against Dust Free, LP ("Dust Free"). (Doc. No. 76.)
8. On March 17, 2009, Dust Free filed a Third-Party Counterclaim against UVR. (Doc. No. 93.)
9. On December 17, 2009, the Court filed an order dismissing Steril-Aire and First Light's respective claims against one another. (Doc. No. 390.)
10. On February 25, 2010, the Court filed summary judgment orders relating to Steril-Aire's claims against UVR and Fencl, Fencl's counterclaims against Steril-Aire, UVR's third-party claims against Dust Free, and Dust Free's third-party counterclaims against UVR. (Doc. Nos. 417, 418, & 421.)
11. On April 20, 2010, Steril-Aire and UVR appeared for a jury trial on their remaining claims against one another, and a bench trial on the third-party claims between UVR and Dust Free was scheduled to immediately follow the jury trial. (Doc. No. 542.)
12. UVR, Fencl, and Steril-Aire have entered into a settlement agreement. 13. UVR and Dust Free have entered into a confidential settlement agreement.
In light of the foregoing, Steril-Aire, UVR, Fencl, and Dust Free jointly stipulate to the dismissal, with prejudice, of all remaining claims in the Action, including:
(1) Steril-Aire's First Amended Complaint against UVR and Fencl;
(2) UVR and Fencl's Third Amended Counterclaim against Steril-Aire;
(3) UVR's Third-Party Complaint against Dust Free; and
(4) Dust Free's Third-Party Counterclaim against UVR.
The parties further stipulate that the Court shall retain jurisdiction over the settlement agreements to determine and enforce any rights and/or obligations thereunder.
The Court hereby dismisses all remaining claims with prejudice.
IT SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.