IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
May 28, 2010
DANNIE RAY HILLHOUSE, PETITIONER,
ROBERT AYERS, JR., ET AL., RESPONDENTS.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Craig M. Kellison United States Magistrate Judge
DEATH PENALTY CASE ORDER CONCERNING AMENDMENT OF CASE MANAGEMENT SCHEDULE
Petitioner has filed a Motion asking the Court to amend its case management schedule as Ordered on April 21, 2010 (Document # 167) in light of the relatively recent appointment of co-counsel and the time that will be necessary for her to acquire sufficient knowledge of the record in this case and the preceding litigation in order to adequately represent Petitioner and to assist the Court.
Deeming that the Petitioner's Motion For Amendment of the Court's Case Management Schedule is justified, the Court hereby amends that schedule as follows:
(1) Respondent should file an Answer to the First Amended Petition on or before June 11, 2010, as originally ordered;
(2) The Court will accept the filing of an [proposed] interim Phase III budget on May 28, 2010;
(3) The Court will conduct an interim ex parte budget conference on July 15, 2010;
(4) The Court will grant an extension of time until November 12, 2010, for the filing of a final proposed Phase III budget;
(5) The Court will grant an extension of time for the filing of Case Management Conference statements until January 7, 2011;
(6) The Case Management Conference, followed by a final ex parte budget conference between the court and Petitioner's counsel, is to be held on January 14, 2011.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.