The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. John E. Mcdermott United States Magistrate Judge
[PROPOSED] ORDER GRANTING STIPULATION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER
The Court, having considered the Stipulation for Protective Order between Plaintiff James E. Keener and Defendants Experian Information Solutions, Inc. ("Experian") and JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A. ("Chase"), erroneously sued as JP Morgan Chase Bank, hereby ORDERS as follows:
1. This Order shall govern the use, handling and disclosure of all documents, testimony or information produced or given in this action which are designated to be subject to this Order in accordance with the terms hereof.
2. Any party or non-party producing or filing documents or other materials in this action may designate such materials and the information contained therein subject to this Order by typing or stamping on the front of the document, or on the portion(s) of the document for which confidential treatment is designated, "Confidential."
3. If a Producing Party believes in good faith that, despite the provisions of this Protective Order, there is a substantial risk of identifiable harm if particular documents it designates as "Confidential" are disclosed to all other Parties or non-parties to this action, the Producing Party may designate those Particular documents as "Confidential-Attorneys' Eyes Only."
4. To the extent any motions, briefs, pleadings, deposition transcripts, or other papers to be filed with the Court incorporate documents or information subject to this Order, the party filing such papers shall designate such materials, or portions thereof, as "Confidential" or "Confidential-Attorneys Eyes Only,"and shall file them with the clerk under seal; provided, however, that a copy of such filing having the confidential information deleted therefrom may be made part of the public record. Any party filing any document under seal must comply with the requirements of Civil Local Rule 79-5.1.
5. All documents, transcripts, or other materials subject to this Order, and all information derived therefrom (including, but not limited to, all testimony, deposition, or otherwise, that refers, reflects or otherwise discusses any information designated Confidential hereunder), shall not be used, directly or indirectly, by any person, including the other defendants, for any business, commercial or competitive purposes or for any purpose whatsoever other than solely for the preparation and trial of this action in accordance with the provisions of this Order.
6. Except with the prior written consent of the individual or entity designating a document or portions of a document as "Confidential," or pursuant to prior Order after notice, any document, transcript or pleading given "Confidential" treatment under this Order, and any information contained in, or derived from any such materials (including but not limited to, all deposition testimony that refers, reflects or otherwise discusses any information designated confidential hereunder) may not be disclosed other than in accordance with this Order and may not be disclosed to any person other than: (a) the Court and its officers; (b) parties to this litigation; (c) counsel for the parties, whether retained counsel or in-house counsel and employees of counsel assigned to assist such counsel in the preparation of this litigation; (d) fact witnesses subject to a proffer to the Court or a stipulation of the parties that such witnesses need to know such information; (e) present or former employees of the producing party in connection with their depositions in this action (provided that no former employees shall be shown documents prepared after the date of his or her departure); and (f) experts specifically retained as consultants or expert witnesses in connection with this litigation.
7. Except with the prior written consent of the individual or entity designating a document or portions of a document as "Confidential-Attorneys Eyes Only", or pursuant to prior Order after notice, any document, transcript or pleading given "Confidential-Attorneys Eyes Only" treatment under this Order, and any information contained in, or derived from any such materials (including but not limited to, all deposition testimony that refers, reflects or otherwise discusses any information designated confidential hereunder) may not be disclosed other than in accordance with this Order and may not be disclosed to any person other than:
(a) the Receiving Party's Outside Counsel of record in this action, as well as employees of said Counsel to whom it is reasonably necessary to disclose the information for this litigation and who have signed the "Agreement to Be Bound by Protective Order" that is attached hereto as Exhibit A; (b) Experts specifically retained as consultants or expert witnesses in connection with this litigation who have signed the "Declaration of Compliance" (Exhibit A); (c) the Court and its personnel; (d) court reporters, their staffs, and professional vendors to whom disclosure is reasonably necessary for this litigation and who have signed the "Declaration of Compliance" (Exhibit A); and (e) the author of the document or the original source of the information.
8. Documents produced pursuant to this Order shall not be made available to any person designated in Subparagraph 6(f) or 7(b) unless he or she shall have first read this Order, agreed to be bound by its terms, and signed the attached Declaration of Compliance.
9. All persons receiving any or all documents produced pursuant to this Order shall be advised of their confidential nature. All persons to whom confidential information and/or documents are disclosed are hereby enjoined from disclosing same to any person except as provided herein, and are further enjoined from using same except in the preparation for and trial of the above-captioned action between the named parties thereto. No person receiving or reviewing such confidential documents, information or transcript shall disseminate or disclose them to any person other than those described above in Paragraph 5 and Paragraph 7and for the purposes specified, and in no event shall such person make any other use of such document or transcript.
10. Nothing in this Order shall prevent a party from using at trial any information or materials designated "Confidential" or "Confidential-Attorneys' Eyes Only."
11. This Order has been agreed to by the parties to facilitate discovery and the production of relevant evidence in this action. Neither the entry of this Order, nor the designation of any information, document, or the like as "Confidential," nor the failure to make such ...