IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
June 21, 2010
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF,
AMEN ALI, AND IBRAHIM A. OMER, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Lawrence J. O'Neill United States District Judge
ORDER SETTING MANDATORY STATUS CONFERENCE FOR JULY 9, 2010 AT 1:30 P.M. IN COURTROOM FOUR
In this action, a Classified Information Procedures Act ("CIPA") hearing, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. app. 3 § 2, is currently set for August 16, 2010, at 1:30 p.m. The Trial Confirmation Hearing and Motions In Limine Hearing is set for October 18, 2010, at 1:30 p.m. Trial is set for November 9, 2010, at 8:30 a.m.
Given the recent reassignment of this action to the undersigned, the court finds that a status conference is necessary to clarify remaining pretrial issues. As such, the court sets a status conference for July 9, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. in Courtroom Four. At the status conference, all parties shall be prepared to discuss the following:
1. A new date to replace the August 16, 2010 hearing because of the court's unavailability on August 16, 2010;
2. The legal authority the Government is relying upon that allows the court to close CIPA hearings from the public and disallows the Defendants' presence at these hearings, if any;
3. The current status of settlement discussions;
4. Whether security clearances have been obtained for all necessary individuals;
5. If security clearances are still needed, the estimated time to receive such security clearances;
6. Whether the parties intend to file briefs for the to-be-reset August 16, 2010 hearing and/or whether the parties intend to set a further briefing schedule for additional CIPA hearings; and
7. What the parties anticipate the purpose and result of the to-be-reset August 16, 2010 hearing are.
Accordingly, the court ORDERS that all parties SHALL appear for a mandatory status conference in this action on July 9, 2010, at 1:30 p.m. in Courtroom 5.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.