The opinion of the court was delivered by: Lawrence J. O'Neill United States District Judge
ORDER SETTING MANDATORY STATUS CONFERENCE FOR JULY 9, 2010 AT 1:30 P.M. IN COURTROOM FOUR
In this action, a Classified Information Procedures Act ("CIPA") hearing, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. app. 3 § 2, is currently set for August 16, 2010, at 1:30 p.m. The Trial Confirmation Hearing and Motions In Limine Hearing is set for October 18, 2010, at 1:30 p.m. Trial is set for November 9, 2010, at 8:30 a.m.
Given the recent reassignment of this action to the undersigned, the court finds that a status conference is necessary to clarify remaining pretrial issues. As such, the court sets a status conference for July 9, 2010 at 1:30 p.m. in Courtroom Four. At the status conference, all parties shall be prepared to discuss the following:
1. A new date to replace the August 16, 2010 hearing because of the court's unavailability on August 16, 2010;
2. The legal authority the Government is relying upon that allows the court to close CIPA hearings from the public and disallows the Defendants' presence at these hearings, if any;
3. The current status of settlement discussions;
4. Whether security clearances have been obtained for all necessary individuals;
5. If security clearances are still needed, the estimated time to receive such security clearances;
6. Whether the parties intend to file briefs for the to-be-reset August 16, 2010 hearing and/or whether the parties intend to set a further briefing schedule for additional CIPA hearings; and
7. What the parties anticipate the purpose and result of the to-be-reset August 16, 2010 hearing are.
Accordingly, the court ORDERS that all parties SHALL appear for a mandatory status conference in this action on July 9, 2010, at 1:30 p.m. in Courtroom 5.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw ...