IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
August 5, 2010
NORTH AMERICAN SPECIALTY INSURANCE COMPANY, PLAINTIFF,
JOSEPH C. CAMPBELL, INDIVIDUALLY AND ALSO KNOWN AS JOE CAMPBELL, AND JOSEPH CHARLES CAMPBELL, AND DBA JC SHOW HORSES; JC SHOW HORSES, LLC; AND DEBORAH SAUERS, INDIVIDUALLY, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Garland E. Burrell, Jr. United States District Judge
Plaintiff's motion for entry of default judgment came on for hearing before the assigned magistrate judge on March 3, 2010. The matter was referred to a United States Magistrate Judge pursuant to Local Rule 302(c)(19) and 28 U.S.C. § 636(b)(1).
On May 17, 2010, the magistrate judge filed findings and recommendations herein which were served on the parties and which contained notice to the parties that any objections to the findings and recommendations were to be filed within fourteen days. No objections were filed.
The court has reviewed the file and finds the findings and recommendations to be supported by the record and by the magistrate judge's analysis. Accordingly, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that:
1. The findings and recommendations filed May 17, 2010, are adopted in full;
2. Plaintiff's application for entry of default judgment against defendants Campbell and JC Show Horses, Dckt. No. 23, is granted;
3. Plaintiff is awarded a declaration that plaintiff has no obligation to indemnify JC Show Horses or Joseph Campbell, individually or on behalf of JC Show Horses, for the death of either of the horses covered by the Policy;
4. Plaintiff is awarded costs in the amount of $455.00; and
5. This action proceeds on plaintiff's claims against Deborah Sauers.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.