The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gary Allen Feess U. S. District Judge
JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date.
X WITH COUNSEL Tracy Green, Retained (Name of Counsel)
X GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea.
NOLO CONTENDERE NOT GUILTY
There being a finding/verdict of X GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of: Health Care Fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. §1347 as charged in Count 28 of the Indictment.
The Court asked whether there was any reason why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted and ordered that: Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Corinne Lazaro Guiang, is hereby placed on PROBATION on Count 28 of the Indictment for a term of two (2) years.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $100, which is due immediately.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $6,370.66 pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3663A.
The amount of restitution ordered shall be paid as follows: Defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $6,370.66 to victim(s) as set forth in a separate victim list prepared by the Probation Office which this Court adopts and which reflects the Court's determination of the amount of restitution due to each victim. The victim list, which shall be forwarded by the Probation Officer to the fiscal section of the Clerk's Office, shall remain confidential to protect the privacy interests of the victims.
The restitution shall be paid in monthly installments of at least $50.00 during the period of probation. These payments shall begin 30 days after the commencement of supervision
The defendant shall be held jointly and severally liable with co-defendants Evelyn Tisoy and Rosemary Labasan (Docket No. CR- 09-00609) for the amount of restitution ordered in this judgment. The victims' recovery is limited to the amount of their loss and the defendant's liability for restitution ceases if and when the victims receive full restitution.
All fines are waived as it is found that such sanction would place an undue burden on the defendant.
Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Corinne Lazaro Guiang, is hereby placed on probation on Count 28 of the Indictment for a term of 2 years under the following terms and conditions:
1. The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05;
2. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 05-02;
3. During the period of community supervision the defendant shall pay the special assessment and restitution in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
4. The defendant shall cooperate in the collection of a DNA sample from the defendant;
5. The defendant shall apply all monies received from income tax refunds to the outstanding court-ordered financial obligation. In addition, the defendant shall apply all monies received from lottery winnings, inheritance, judgments and any anticipated or unexpected ...