UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
August 23, 2010
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF,
GREGORY MACDONALD BERRY, DEFENDANT.
ORDER DIRECTING DISCLOSURE OF FULL LETTER DATED SEPTEMBER 19, 2009
Based on the arguments in the government's motion seeking disclosure of the letter dated September 19, 2009, and the prior filings and hearings in this case, the court makes the following findings and orders:
1) Defendant has, as a matter of law, waived any attorney / client privilege in relation to a letter he sent his former attorney, Ms. Bell, dated September 19, 2009 ("the letter").
2) Defendant expressly waived any privilege in the letter's contents on August 9, 2009, at a hearing before the court.
3) Defendant again waived any attorney / client privilege when he filed the un-redacted letter as Exhibit B in a recent filing with the court (docket #240).
4) Ms. Bell is ordered to immediately file an un-redacted copy of the letter.
5) Ms. Bell is further ordered to provide any documentary evidence or relevant declaration regarding the date on which she received the letter.
It is so ordered.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.