The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. George H. Wu Judge, United States District Court for the Central District of California
CONSENT DECREE AND PERMANENT INJUNCTION
The Court, having read and considered the Joint Stipulation for Entry of Consent Decree and Permanent Injunction that has been executed by Plaintiff Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. ("Plaintiff") and Defendant Thomas Cote a/k/a Tom Cote, an individual and d/b/a VintageClassicMovies.com ("Defendant"), in this action, and good cause appearing therefore, hereby:
ORDERS that based on the parties' stipulation and only as to Defendant, his successors, heirs, and assignees, this Injunction shall be and is hereby entered in the within action as follows:
1) This Court has jurisdiction over the parties to this action and over the subject matter hereof pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq., and 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331 and 1338. Service of process was properly made against Defendant.
2) Plaintiff claims that it owns or controls the pertinent rights in and to the copyright registrations listed in Exhibit "A" attached hereto and incorporated herein by this reference (The copyrights identified in Exhibit A are collectively referred to herein as "Plaintiff's Properties").
3) Plaintiff has alleged that Defendant has made unauthorized uses of Plaintiff's Properties or substantially similar likenesses or colorable imitations thereof.
4) Defendant and his agents, servants, employees and all persons in active concert and participation with him who receive actual notice of the Injunction are hereby restrained and enjoined from:
a) Infringing Plaintiff's Properties, either directly or contributorily, in any manner, including generally, but not limited to manufacturing, importing, reproducing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale any unauthorized product which features any of Plaintiff's Properties ("Unauthorized Products"), and, specifically from:
i) Importing, manufacturing, reproducing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale the Unauthorized Products or any other unauthorized products which picture, reproduce, copy or use the likenesses of or bear a substantial similarity to any of Plaintiff's Properties;
ii) Importing, manufacturing, reproducing, distributing, advertising, selling and/or offering for sale in connection thereto any unauthorized promotional materials, labels, packaging or containers which picture, reproduce, copy or use the likenesses of or bear a confusing similarity to any of Plaintiff's Properties;
iii) Engaging in any conduct that tends falsely to represent that, or is likely to confuse, mislead or deceive purchasers, Defendant's customers and/or members of the public to believe, the actions of Defendant, the products sold by Defendant, or Defendant himself are connected with Plaintiff, are sponsored, approved or licensed by Plaintiff, or are affiliated with Plaintiff;
iv) Affixing, applying, annexing or using in connection with the importation, manufacture, reproduction, distribution, advertising, sale and/or offer for sale or other use of any goods or services, a false description or representation, including words or other symbols, tending to falsely describe or represent such goods as being those of Plaintiff.
5) Each side shall bear its own fees and costs of suit.
6) Except as provided herein, all claims alleged in the Complaint are ...