The opinion of the court was delivered by: Gary Allen Feess U. S. District Judge
JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date.
X WITH COUNSEL Lonnie A. Felker, Retained
X GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea.
NOLO CONTENDERE NOT GUILTY
There being a finding/verdict of X GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of: Health Care Fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1347 as charged in Count 1 of the First Superseding Information.
The Court asked whether there was any reason why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted and ordered that: Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Lilia Carino Mariano, is hereby placed on PROBATION on the Single-Count First Superseding Information for a term of three (3) years .
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $100, which is due immediately.
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $90,456.35 pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3663A.
Defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $90,456.35 to victim(s) as set forth in a separate victim list prepared by the Probation Office which this Court adopts and which reflects the Court's determination of the amount of restitution due to each victim. The victim list, which shall be forwarded by the Probation Officer to the fiscal section of the Clerk's Office, shall remain confidential to protect the privacy interests of the victims.
The defendant shall make nominal monthly payments of at least $100.00 during the period of probation, which shall begin 30 days after the commencement of supervision, which is subject to modification. Nominal restitution payments are ordered as the court finds that the defendant's economic circumstances do not allow for either immediate or future payment of the amount ordered
The defendant shall be held jointly and severally liable with co-participants, Melba Leonado Crossan (Docket No. CR-07-01077) for the amount of restitution ordered in this judgment. The victims' recovery is limited to the amount of their loss and the defendant's liability for restitution ceases if and when the victims receive full restitution.
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(f)(3)(A), interest on the restitution ordered is waived because the defendant does not have the ability to pay interest. Payments may be subject to penalties for default and delinquency pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(g).
The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05.
All fines are waived as it is found that the defendant does not have the ability to pay a fine in addition to restitution.
Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, Lilia Carino Mariano, is hereby placed on probation on the Single-Count First Superseding Information for a term of thre (3) years under the following terms and conditions:
1. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 05-02;
2. The defendant shall participate for a period of four (4) months in a home detention program which includes electronic monitoring and shall observe all rules of such program, as directed by the Probation Officer. The defendant shall pay the costs of electronic monitoring to the contract vendor, not to exceed the sum of $12.00 for each day of participation in the electronic monitoring, GPS, and/or voice recognition program. The defendant shall provide payment and proof of payment as directed by the Probation Officer.
3. The defendant shall not commit any violation of local, state or federal law or ordinance.
4. During the period of community supervision the defendant shall pay the special assessment and restitution in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
5. The defendant shall comply with the immigration rules and regulations of the United States, and if deported from this country, either voluntarily or involuntarily, not re-enter the United States illegally. The defendant is not required to report to the Probation Office while residing outside of the United States; however, within 72 hours of release from any custody or any re-entry to the United States during the period of Court ordered supervision, the defendant shall report for instructions to the United States Probation Office, located a United States District Court, 3470 Twelfth Street, Room 161, Riverside, California 92501;
6. When not employed or excused by the Probation Officer for schooling, training, or other acceptable reasons, the defendant shall perform 20 hours of community service per week as directed by the Probation Officer;
7. The defendant shall not be employed in any position that requires licensing and/or certification by any local, state or federal agency without ...