The opinion of the court was delivered by: Hon. David O. Carter, U. S. District Judge
JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER
In the presence of the attorney for the government, the defendant appeared in person on this date. 10 4 2010
x WITH COUNSEL Dan McCurrie
X GUILTY, and the court being satisfied that there is a factual basis for the plea.
NOLO CONTENDERE NOT GUILTY
There being a finding/verdict of GUILTY, defendant has been convicted as charged of the offense(s) of:
18 U. S.C. § 1343 and 2(b) Wire Fraud; Causing an Act to be Done as charged in the single-count Information.
The Court asked whether there was any reason why judgment should not be pronounced. Because no sufficient cause to the contrary was shown, or appeared to the Court, the Court adjudged the defendant guilty as charged and convicted and ordered that: Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant is hereby committed to the custody of the Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for a term of:
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay to the United States a special assessment of $100.00, which is
It is ordered that the defendant shall pay restitution in the total amount of $2,000,000.00 pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3663A. The amount of restitution ordered shall be paid as set forth on the list attached to this
Restitution shall be due during the period of imprisonment, at the rate of not less than $25 per quarter, and pursuant to the Bureau of Prisons' Inmate Financial Responsibility Program. If any amount of the restitution remains unpaid after release from custody, nominal monthly payments of at least 10% of defendant's gross monthly income but not less than $50, whichever is greater, shall be made during the period of supervised release. These payments shall begin 30 days after the commencement of supervision. Nominal restitution payments are ordered as the court finds that the defendant's economic circumstances do not allow for either immediate or future payment of the amount ordered.
If the defendant makes a partial payment, each payee shall receive approximately proportional payment unless another priority order or percentage payment is specified in this judgment.
Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(f)(3)(A), interest on the restitution ordered is waived because the defendant does not have the ability to pay interest. Payments may be subject to penalties for default and delinquency pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3612(g).
The defendant shall comply with General Order No. 01-05.
All fines are waived as it is found that the defendant does not have the ability to pay a fine in addition to
Pursuant to the Sentencing Reform Act of 1984, it is the judgment of the Court that the defendant, David Praise, is hereby committed on the Single-Count Information to the custody of the Bureau of Prisons to be imprisoned for a term of 41 months.
Upon release from imprisonment, the defendant shall be placed on supervised release for a term of three (3) years under the following terms and conditions:
1. The defendant shall comply with the rules and regulations of the U. S. Probation Office and General Order 318;
2. The defendant shall not commit any violation of local, state or federal law or ordinance;
3. During the period of community supervision the defendant shall pay the special assessment and restitution in accordance with this judgment's orders pertaining to such payment;
4. The defendant shall cooperate in the collection of a DNA sample from the defendant;
5. The defendant shall apply monies in excess of $500 received from income tax refunds to the outstanding court-ordered financial obligation. In addition, the defendant shall apply all monies received from lottery winnings, inheritance, judgments and any anticipated or unexpected financial gains to the outstanding court-ordered financial obligation;
6. The defendant shall refrain from any unlawful use of a controlled substance. The defendant shall submit to one drug test within 15 days of release from imprisonment and at least two periodic drug tests thereafter, not to exceed eight tests per month, as directed by the Probation Officer;
7. The defendant shall participate in an outpatient substance abuse treatment and counseling program that includes urinalysis, breath, and/or sweat patch testing, as directed by the Probation Officer. The defendant shall abstain from using illicit drugs and alcohol, ...