The opinion of the court was delivered by: Patrick J. Walsh United States District Court Magistrate Judge
NOTE: CHANGES MADE BY THE COURT
[PROPOSED] PROTECTIVE ORDER RE: CONTROL AND USE OF CONFIDENTIAL RECORDS
[Stipulation Requesting Order to Protect Confidential Information filed concurrently herewith.]
Honorable Magistrate Judge Patrick J. Walsh
THE COURT, having reviewed the parties' Stipulation for Protective Order re: Control and Use of Confidential Records, and finding GOOD CAUSE THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED:
The following records shall be protected as confidential and/or privileged information:
* JIMS DATA for prisoners released from the custody of the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department at any time from December 17, 2002 through the date of production where the prisoner's release code was SOC and/or booking error; and
* The entire booking jacket for each and every prisoner released from SBSD custody at any time from January 1, 2005 through December 31, 2008 and whose JIMS release code was SOC,
The following applies to the aforementioned documents and records:
1. All documents shall be designated by page numbers beginning with page 1 and numbered consecutively thereafter. Each document page shall be designated as follows: "Confidential Material."
2. The "Confidential Material" shall be used solely in connection with this litigation in the preparation and trial of this case, and not for any other litigation. To the extent the material is used at trial, it shall be subject to review and further order of this Court.
3. The "Confidential Material" may be disclosed only to the following persons;
a) counsel and all parties to this action; b) any outside expert or consultant retained in connection with this action and not ...