IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
November 23, 2010
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, PLAINTIFF,
APPROXIMATELY $25,522.33 IN U.S. CURRENCY SEIZED FROM DESERT VALLEYS FCU ACCOUNT NUMBER 26596, HELD IN THE NAME OF B&C NATURAL THINGS, DEFENDANT.
The opinion of the court was delivered by: Oliver W. Wanger United States District Judge
AMENDED STIPULATION TO STAY CASE AND TO VACATE SCHEDULING CONFERENCE; ORDER THEREON
IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED by and between Plaintiff, United States of America and Claimants Donna E. Dodson and Robert D. Dodson as follows:
1. Claimant Robert D. Dodson is presently facing federal criminal charges in the Eastern District of California, United States v. Erik Christopher Stacy, et al., 1:10-CR-00176-OWW, allegedly relating to transactions or events which form the basis for this civil forfeiture action.
2. The parties recognize that proceeding with this action has potential adverse affects on the prosecution of the related criminal case and/or upon Claimant Robert D. Dodson's right against self-incrimination in the related federal criminal case.
3. Publication of the civil forfeiture action has been completed and to date only Donna E. Dodson and Robert D. Dodson have filed a claim and answer, or otherwise appeared in this action.
THEREFORE, the parties to this action stipulate and request as follows:
1. Pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 981(g), this action be stayed pending the conclusion of the federal criminal action presently pending against Robert D. Dodson in the Eastern District of California; and,
2. The Scheduling Conference in the civil case scheduled for December 2, 2010 at 8:15 a.m. in Courtroom 3 before District Court Judge Oliver W. Wanger be vacated.
3. The parties are to promptly notify the Court when the criminal case resolves.
IT IS SO STIPULATED.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
© 1992-2010 VersusLaw Inc.